Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

"...Marry her! Then it's yours!..." OP's in California. He marries her and all his stuff becomes theirs. Mind you, 4" M19's aren't exactly scarce.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Not scarce but they are nice. Police and security don't use them anymore so trade-in's aren't readily available on the cheap. 4" k-frame owners (including myself) aren't so willing to part with them either. Just like his girlfriend
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Some of the Polish may be saying "I wish I had one of these revolvers".
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Default

propose to her and she will Lols.

The 19 is just about the ideal .357 S&W Magnum revolver for anything other than extensive firing of heavy magnum loads for long range sessions. With proper grips, it will be more than comfortable with just about any load you use, including the real stomper loads. It weighs next to nothing in a holster. Unless someone has fiddled with it, the DA and SA trigger pulls will be excellent. The sights are just what you need to put bullets where they need to go. Hard to think of any real way to improve one. If your GF will not work a deal for you to have the revolver ... keep your eyes open. They are out there. Check pawn shops, etc. I found a nice 4 inch 19-3 at a local pawn shop a few weeks ago. Apparently it was not getting much attention since everyone mostly wants semi-automatics. Got some good ole cash and went had a talk with the owner. $500 OTD with some ammo to boot! Fired it at the range on Friday of last week. It shot a better score than I fired with my Sig 226! Great gun! Talk real nice and maybe your GF will let you "borrow" that revolver. Or, look at the shops. Either way, you'll be glad to find a good one! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

6. Default

A 4" M-19 is a good all around revolver, learn to shoot with 38 WCs, something stronger for carry and SD-though a 38 WC is not to be sneered at for SD.

The countersunk charge holes and pinned barrel means it's pre 1982 which definitely adds value. A pre 1982 in that condition will bring $750.00 plus where I live, but deals like Bruce's definitely happen.

Cops are very faddish when it comes to guns. Model 19s became very fashionable with them in the Mid 1970s to the early 1990s. One of the reasons Model 19s aren't rare is that police departments bought a caboodle of them and cops who had the option of carrying a personally owned firearm bought a caboodle more. I think they are, arguably, the best duty revolvers ever made. Great for uniformed use and still small enough for plain clothes use in the 2 1/2 and (rare) 3" versions. My last duty gun was a 3" barrel Model 66. Absolutely the best work gun I ever carried. It now guards our daughter and son-in-law's bedroom.
    Last edited by Art; 03-06-2018 at 10:43.

8. Default

Good looking revolver... marry her and then it will belong to you JMO.

I had a high school buddy who had one just like that. I could shoot high 90's scores with it all day slow fire SA at 25 yards. He died in a car wreck 5 years after high school and his guns went away.

10. Default

my late Uncle was a Seal. he had and excellent gun collection...SAA, M1, etc but his son doesn't give a rats behind about them...he doesn't even remember where he kept them..drives me crazy.
    Last edited by kickshot7; 03-09-2018 at 01:07.