Thread: 1911 values.

Default 1911 values.

I have been a way for awhile. What is the average price of an honest 1911. I have a Colt 1944, 1943 lend lease, Ithaca 1944, Reminington 1943, Colt 1918 and a WWI Colt repop with the Carbonia finish, Thanks Bill. All these guns are real nice all matching. I bought them over 20 years ago.

Pics?

Since there aren't many responses, I'll share recent auction experiences with you... Two of the most disappointing guns I sold from my collection were an Ithaca 1944 in solid 95% condition with no signs of going through rebuild. It brought $1,000. Likewise, I sold one of the WWI reproduction Colt pistols, and it brought $1,000. This was a fairly large auction for southwestern Virginia which included live and on-line bidding simultaneously. Oddly, at the same auction, a Steyr manufacture K98k which had been converted to 30.06 by the Norwegian Army after WWII with most Nazi marks remaining and all proper Haer (Norwegian Army) marks brought an astounding $800. Most of the guns I sold brought really good money. But I was highly disappointed in the return on the 1911's.

Hope that helps.
    Steve

I sold a 1944 Colt believed to be a lunch box special for $1250.00. Probably 80 percent. I have a 1915 Springfield Armaory 75,000 serial number range listed now for 4K. It's been there done that with pitting in barrel, but it's all Sprinfield except for two tone Colt mag. We will see where it lands. I recently bought a 1944 Remington Rand 95 percent for 900.00. Remington Rands are common but I have a few because my Grandpa was issues one later in WW2 as a tanker the on a tank destroyer. Hope this helps some

Posted under Protest of the idiotcracy used to do this.

https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net...1a&oe=5A8A9FA2 Posted on Milweapons facebook page, found in a pwanshop. Just the reason for drumhead courtsmartials and executions.

R. Brown

Auctions are always a toss up. A few months back there was a local auction of a few guns and lots of ammo and odds and ends. One of the guns was a M2 .22 Springfield which would normally bring around $1000, but sold for the opening bid of $200. Insane, but it was an auction.