Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Pete - Glad you hired a locksmith. Fixing your safe or buying another one. It was going to cost you either way. I never could see how a digital lock was an improvement over the old reliable dial lock that's been around for so long.
    Last edited by Merc; 12-17-2017 at 05:27.

Ohhh....don't rub it in Merc. I think Pete learned the hard way. Sooner or later we get that instinctive suspicion that the latest improvement isn't always "better". At least it worked out for you Pete. Good!
    I have friends who simply cannot fathom how I can get through life without the latest cell phone and a car that starts without a chip. I tell them I'm happy to have a flush toilet....which doesn't need batteries.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

3. Default

glad you got it fixed. let this be a lesson for us all.

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    Ohhh....don't rub it in Merc. I think Pete learned the hard way. Sooner or later we get that instinctive suspicion that the latest improvement isn't always "better". At least it worked out for you Pete. Good!
    I have friends who simply cannot fathom how I can get through life without the latest cell phone and a car that starts without a chip. I tell them I'm happy to have a flush toilet....which doesn't need batteries.
    JB - I hope I didn't rub it in. Pete did exactly what I would have done. I've learned the hard way too many times.