Default Computer Help Needed

I am using mozilla firefox for my yahoo mail. Each time I open to my homepage, an advertisement keeps popping up on the right of the screen.

I click on the arrow to the left of the pop up and the ad goes away only for another ad to take its place.

How do I permanently get rid of those annoying ads everytime I log into my yahoo mail?

Upgrade your email account, ie. pay not to see the ads.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

I get the same friggin thing!

You need to add 2 things to your PC. ADBLOCKPLUS and PRIVACYBADGER.. I have several email accounts including Yahoo and I don't get any annoying popups or ads.. They are both FREE..

Another freebee you should load is CCLEANER (from piriform or filehippo only) and run it everyday after you have finished working on your machine for hte day... It will keep your disk free of crap.
    He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!

Not using Yahoo mail will do it. So will not using Firefox. All the assorted e-mail programs have ads on 'em now.
    PaFrank's add blockers will help too. Don't believe the BS that says using an add blocker might cause issues either.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Sunray,

I disagree with not using Firefox... What is it you finds in FF that is so problematic?
    I find Internet Explorer to be nothing more than a giant virus... At least Firefox is open architecture and there are far fewer issues with FF than IE.. I haven't used IE in 2 years and have experienced zero issues at home or at work.
    He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!

Quote Originally Posted by tmark View Post
    I am using mozilla firefox for my yahoo mail. Each time I open to my homepage, an advertisement keeps popping up on the right of the screen.

I click on the arrow to the left of the pop up and the ad goes away only for another ad to take its place.

How do I permanently get rid of those annoying ads everytime I log into my yahoo mail?
    Be sure your FF pop up blocker is checked under options, privacy and security.

Quote Originally Posted by PaFrank View Post

Another freebee you should load is CCLEANER (from piriform or filehippo only) and run it everyday after you have finished working on your machine for hte day... It will keep your disk free of crap.
    +1 on CCleaner