Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Going price on M1917?

What is the current going price on an import M1917 with mixed parts? Just looking to know how much a decent shooter would be. TIA...

Sold six last year. One with shot out bore brought $350. Rest went from$500 to $700.0. Nice Winnie brought the most.

3. Default

Bore condition is more important unless the import marks are unsightly. Prices can be strange on Gunbroker.

When I sell a 1903 or a 1917, I have the gauge to tell what the ME and TE are.

Too many were fired with blanks and ate out the throat.

Look good, Muzzle looks good, throat eroded beyond Mombassa.

I've been seeing asking prices at gun shows for M1917s in the $600 to $900 range around here. You can improve your odds of buying a good shooter by testing headspace, ME, TE and checking bore condition but you usually have to buy the rifle before you can shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    I've been seeing asking prices at gun shows for M1917s in the $600 to $900 range around here. You can improve your odds of buying a good shooter by testing headspace, ME, TE and checking bore condition but you usually have to buy the rifle before you can shoot it.
    While I am only casually shopping mine, they all shoot decent, have good TE and MW and are in overall good condition.

Some cleaner than others, stocks vary as well.

All are parts mixed.

Eddystone is up for $900. I may not get it but its solid and a very clean good bore.

Others in the $1499 range with clean receiver and barrel, good bores and non issued stocks.

You can get a bargain once in a while, but for the most part the low cost good conditions ones are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by RC20 View Post
    While I am only casually shopping mine, they all shoot decent, have good TE and MW and are in overall good condition.

All are parts mixed.

Eddystone is up for $900. I may not get it but its solid and a very clean good bore.

Others in the $1499 range with clean receiver and barrel, good bores and non issued stocks.

You can get a bargain once in a while, but for the most part the low cost good conditions ones are gone.
    I'd probably ask similar money for my low serial numbered excellent shooting W if I ever lost my mind and decided to sell it. Lots of reasonably priced NOS parts are available on the Internet if a buyer decides to replace the worn or poor fitting mixmaster parts.
    Last edited by Merc; 12-14-2017 at 08:25.

I kept my Eddystone that shoots lights out. One of the kids will get it when I take a dirt nap. Same with the Eddystone P14.

Quote Originally Posted by p246 View Post
    I kept my Eddystone that shoots lights out. One of the kids will get it when I take a dirt nap. Same with the Eddystone P14.
    So, your E P14 is as accurate shooting the .303 as your E M1917 is shooting the slightly hotter 30-06? I'd have to say my Enfield No. 4 Mk 1* shoots the .303 every bit as accurately as my W M1917 shoots the 30-06.

10. Default 1917 value

Quote Originally Posted by RC20 View Post

All are parts mixed.

HI. I'm Starting to organize the sale of my 50 year '03 collection, selling off the ancillary pieces first. I have a near mint (I don't use the term lightly) 1917 Remington, bore perfect, muzzle of one (don't have a gauge to measure throat), wood near perfect except for a professionally carved "troop C" just forward of heel, all matching and all inspection marks pristine; about 95% or better bright blue remains. Nicest one I've ever seen absent the carving. Value? Thanks Dokcop