Thread: I'll be darned!

Default I'll be darned!

While redoing my reloading equipment, I decided to replace the tube that holds the powder on my Pacific/Hornady powder measure as I couldn't keep repairing the cracks. After 47 years it is kinda long in the tooth so I looked at the Hornady web site. Nowhere was mentioned the ability to order a new one, so I called them on my nickel and spoke to a nice lady. Told her what I needed and how much so that I could send a money order...to my surprise the cost, including shipping is nothing! It seems the part is still under warranty so one is on the way. Am in need of some more new equipment such as electronic measuring, single stage press so I know what kind of manufacture that I am going to.
    Sam

leftyo Guest

it is surprising, most of the reloading equipment companies go above and beyond in customer support.

Nice story that's even more welcome amidst all the doom and gloom of the news

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

I brought my dillon 550 RB press in for an "overhaul" I had it about 18 years and ran about 100K rounds through it.
    they called me 10 days later and said come get your press.
    I went over there, and they GAVE me a NEW press with THREE of my OLD PARTS on it.
    I said how much?
    they said "no charge, part of our NO B.S. Warranty"
    Great outfit.

I didn't get that from Lee when one of their early carbide dies from the 80's popped the plastic bullet seater. The products are OK for what we pay, but the gal I spoke to back then on the phone sucked. I thought they were guaranteed but apparently not something as old as what I had. Disgruntled I set it aside and used my old RCBS seater die which is better anyway. Two years ago I bought a cannibalized Lee .38/357 aluminum seater at a gun show. Much less than the cost of postage to replace the broken/stripped one. At least now I have a completed set.
    Caused me to hold off buying Lee products until I needed affordable dies for the Snider and Martini Henry.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

You should have bought one of the NDFS (North Devon Firearms Services) die sets wen I was selling them for a friend in the U.K.

Just got the part in, will need to drill the two holes that hold the tube in place. Now if I can just figure out how to take off the Pacific sticker and place on the new tube.
    Sam