Default Not a Taylor Swift fan, but.....

The ACLU is going after her for (drum roll please....) violation of first Amendment rights.

Story in a nutshell. Twitter. Person slanders TS as being KKK because white supremacists listen to her music and she hasn't publicly denounced them. TS attorney notifies person to stop and remove slanderous postings. Person runs to ACLU and ACLU in turn goes after TS.

She should have been a rapper. Then the ACLU would defend her for preaching rape, robbery, killing cops and white people....
    See, Taylor? Wrong color, wrong genre, and the wrong people listen. You have no rights! (but you do have money)
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    Person slanders TS as being KKK because white supremacists listen to her music and she hasn't publicly denounced them.
    I hate the scrawny bitch, but may now attend a concert wearing a white hood. (If I can afford the bodyguards necessary to prevent my being torn limb from limb by her love-trumps-hate devotees.)

I think a bigger picture is on the rise. If it isn't Taylor it's always someone else. It's about time some people learn that what they instantly label as white supremacy is really white backlash.
    That...and hiding behind the 1stA doesn't apply to hate speech and slander.

4. Default

she sck so bad, Yak.

Your not from around here are you?
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

So pretty on the outside, so ugly on the inside.
    I dream of a better world. One where chickens may cross the road without their motives being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSudz View Post
    So pretty on the outside, so ugly on the inside.
    If the focus of this thread is going to be on her rather than another frivolous ACLU lawsuit, then so be it. Personally I see her as just the opposite. Outwardly she strikes me as a shrew-faced little twit with a fake Hollywood disco personality. Inside it appears she has a heart of gold when it comes to giving back to the less fortunate.
    Either way, you and I don't care much for her, eh?

8. Default

Since when do performers get to choose their fans ? And many performers careers have tanked after saying derogatory things about either their fans or their values-the Dixie Chicks, e.g.