Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by free1954 View Post
    sir, I have been shooting semi auto pistols left handed for over half a century, I am looking for HONEST opinions of what pistols other left handed shooters are using, not shooting lessons.
    what .22 semi autos do you shoot. seriously?
    currently browning buckmark target 5.5, and a browning 1911-22. as long as the grips arent shaped specifically for a righty, you'll have no issues with about any pistol. the buckmark did not come with LH friendly grips.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by leftyo View Post
    currently browning buckmark target 5.5, and a browning 1911-22. as long as the grips arent shaped specifically for a righty, you'll have no issues with about any pistol. the buckmark did not come with LH friendly grips.

what did you do to make the buckmark left hand friendly? never seen that 1911-22 before, looks like a great pistol.

leftyo Guest

what did you do to make the buckmark left hand friendly? never seen that 1911-22 before, looks like a great pistol.
    different grips.

4. Default

who were they made by? could you post a picture of them?
    Last edited by free1954; 11-12-2017 at 05:17.

leftyo Guest

ya know its been a long time, and i dont remember who made the grips. dont have any pics either. if you google browning buckmark grips i think youll find quite a few choices out there.

6. Default

figured as much. too bad they didn't have one of those emoji's of someone jerking off, it would have saved me all the typing.

leftyo Guest

figured as much. too bad they didn't have one of those emoji's of someone jerking off, it would have saved me all the typing.
    never mind, wont ever try and help you out again.

8. Default

sir, I have been shooting semi auto pistols left handed for over half a century, I am looking for HONEST opinions of what pistols other left handed shooters are using, not shooting lessons.
    what .22 semi autos do you shoot. seriously?
    Which semiautos have you fired that hit you in the face? Is this an actual problem or anticipated problem? I shoot lefthanded, and have many decades and thousands of rounds fired thru 2 different Ruger MK I's - never been hit in the face even once by either of them. The rest of the Ruger MK series should be equally 'safe' for you. Additionally, none of my centerfire semiautos pose any hazard, either.

If you've got all those years of pistol shooting under your belt, you should have a pretty good idea of what to avoid. If it were my concern, I'd be spending more time at my range watching other shooters, andasking the .22 semiauto shooters about their choice of guns. Ask nicely & you may get van invite to try theirs. Another option is an indoor range at a large gunshop. You'll have opportunity to try a variety to see what works best for you.

Blog Entries

I had a friend, dead now, that used plain wood grips on which he slathered a plastic molding product, then picked up the gun and held it in with his 'target hold' until the plastic set. Then he cleaned up the grips and gun making minor modifications as he went. Every time he picked up the gun it was his perfect fit.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AZshooter View Post
    Which semiautos have you fired that hit you in the face? Is this an actual problem or anticipated problem? I shoot lefthanded, and have many decades and thousands of rounds fired thru 2 different Ruger MK I's - never been hit in the face even once by either of them. The rest of the Ruger MK series should be equally 'safe' for you. Additionally, none of my centerfire semiautos pose any hazard, either.

If you've got all those years of pistol shooting under your belt, you should have a pretty good idea of what to avoid. If it were my concern, I'd be spending more time at my range watching other shooters, andasking the .22 semiauto shooters about their choice of guns. Ask nicely & you may get van invite to try theirs. Another option is an indoor range at a large gunshop. You'll have opportunity to try a variety to see what works best for you.

i know what to avoid,I was looking for recommendations of what other people were shooting left handed. I've been hit with brass from a few pistols, I have an amt .380 backup that puts empties in the middle of my forehead. also I have a sccy cpx-2 that I hit the mag release sometimes when fired left handed. these are the things I was asking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    I had a friend, dead now, that used plain wood grips on which he slathered a plastic molding product, then picked up the gun and held it in with his 'target hold' until the plastic set. Then he cleaned up the grips and gun making minor modifications as he went. Every time he picked up the gun it was his perfect fit.

thanks for the reply.