Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default left hand 22 semi auto pistol

looking for recommendations on a 22 caliber semi auto for a left handed shooter. anybody here shooting something similar? something that doesn't throw empties in your face or have a right hand only grip. thanks for looking.

Never heard of such a thing. May exist but must be rare.
    You can never go home again.

not looking for a dedicated left hand pistol. just one that can be fired left handed without throwing brass in your face.

leftyo Guest

just about any will work, so long as the grips arent shaped for rh use only. if they throw brass in your face, your way to close to it.

"...something that doesn't throw empties..." A right handed .22 pistol doesn't do that. Very few, if any, factory left hand gripped, .22 pistols. Herrett makes their 'Camp Perry' grip in left or right. Decidedly not cheap at $162.50 though.
    http://www.herrettstocks.com/ccpryful.htm
    Spelling and grammar count!

Shoot a revolver--problem solved with the brass and grips.

thanks for the replies, but i'm not looking for a revolver and the only way I could get not too close is to let someone else shoot it.

leftyo Guest

seriously, you are holding a semi auto pistol a foot or more in front of you, they wont hit you with brass. just so happens ive shot a lot of guns left handed, and the only one that does anything is the M1 garand, and that ejects the clip onto my forehead, so i wear a hat.

sir, I have been shooting semi auto pistols left handed for over half a century, I am looking for HONEST opinions of what pistols other left handed shooters are using, not shooting lessons.
    what .22 semi autos do you shoot. seriously?

10. Default

A buddy of mine is a left handed distinguished bullseye shooter and I asked him. He uses a High Standard for the .22 stage and said he has no problems with ejection. Leftie grips were available back in the day, I don't know about now. He got obsessed with them and had over 30 of them at one time. Another thought I had was to look at videos of Ruger Rimfire Challenge matches and look for the lefties and what they're shooting. You'd get to see where the empty brass flies, too.