Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    I need help here... why in the world would you need a case dryer?

I tumble my brass and they come out just as dry or dryer than they were before I tumbled them? Why would you want to get your brass wet????

Walnut media with a bit of red polishing rouge added turn out beautiful, clean, shiny, and dry brass. Why do you require stainless steel pins and why do you want to wash your brass with water?

Sorry, I just don't get it.
    Well Red, I used to tumble my brass using walnut media with a polish compound added. They did come out fairly nice except some still had spots of corrosion on them. Plus the media was dickens to get out of 223 cases and they were all covered in a reddish powder. So, I tried a wet tumbler with pins and the brass came out looking brand new, even the primer pockets. The reason for a casr dryer is because this process is a WET media tumbler. I use a case/pin separator to get the pins out of the cases and most of the water. Then into a case dryer set at 160 degrees for about an hour. All my equipment is made by Frankfort Arsenal.

2. Default

Humidity in my kitchen is around 4% at the moment, so I need only give my tumbled brass a soak in BOILING water with a couple of drops of Jet Dry - type spot free dishwasher rinsing agent. Drain & either shake out in a thick towel, or colander, then an optional quick bake in a toaster oven & they're ready to go.

Darned if I'll pay $59 for a plastic brass dryer or jerkey-maker. You can get a convection toaster oven and make a ventilated tray for less.

- - - Updated - - -

I recently got the Lyman tumbler on sale. It works great! Faster and much more thorough cleaning than with the vibratory cleaner & no residual polishing powder or walnut hulls in the flash holes. Wish I would have gotten the wet tumbler years ago.