Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default What motorcycles are in our group

I'm an avid two wheeler, having owned a little of everything over the years, Hondas, Suzuki s Harleys ,Gold wings ,and currently a Moto Guzzi California touring. I ride about 10,000 miles per year. My latest Moto Guzzi has been a great bike, real cruise, comfortable, lots,of power. My all time fav is still my 85 gold wing...put 90000 miles on it before I sold it,,,,other than electrical problems it was a great bike. I lived with the throttle lock and becoming a master of the wiring harness. so what is everyone else throwing around or what was you favorite bike.

Why do I think Roadkingtrax is going to say Ducati Monster or Triump triple 7

2005 Honda vtx 1300s. bought it brand new.

No motorcycles for me! I suffered a spill riding my '74 Kawasaki 900 back in '75. 3 weeks in the hospital. Then my Father-in-Law got hit by a car while riding. Now he has steel rods in his legs.

After my road encounter with the little old lady in the Spring of 1975, I sold the Trumpet and have not straddled one since. Regards, Clark

Ducati 650 in 1972, last bike for me! Riding in NJ is deadly!

Have a now-derilict BMW R100. Good memories on that. Not a screamer at the top end, slow out of the hole with the dry clutch and heavy flywheel, but a low CG and lots of torque for working through hairpins.
    Last edited by togor; 10-27-2017 at 06:44.

8. Default

Had a 650 maximum , for a small bike that thing would scat . A 900 sportster , it was a milk shake maker , nothing really great about it . Have drove a few soft tails , they are pretty cool bikes . A 1000 cc Kawasaki , it was a screamer . Got my license on a full dresser .
    Kenneth

I have a 1975 Honda CB 550 setting in the back of my garage. I purchased it because it looked like my first Honda (1972 CB 500). I drove past as the owner was pushing it out with a for sale sign. He wanted $400 for it and I had $400 with me. After I purchased it I upgraded the lights, brakes and ignition. The Honda had 13,000 miles on it when I purchased it 15 years ago. I haven't broke 14,000 on it yet. I keep it licensed and insured in case my son in law ever decides to take out the 1941 Indian four cylinder his grandfather gave him.

I stopped riding in 1981 when my 1981 Suzuki GS 1100 was stolen in the early morning while it was parked at work. I decided I would never buy another bike just to have someone else ride the crap out of it after I had babied it. The Suzuki was recovered with the case ground away on both sides from extreme cornering. The police chased the bike for tearing up a bunch of stuff but they never caught them. I received a letter from DMV that my license would be suspended if I did not show proof of insurance or a police report of the theft. The police report was filled out three days before the chase. The only good to come out of this was the insurance adjuster wrote the Suzuki off with possible engine damage and after a little negotiation I was given back most of the purchase price of the bike.

In the 70s I rode a motorcycle all that I could whatever the weather until it got too cold to ride. I never regained the passion to ride.

east of Eden in the land of Nod on the boulevard of broken dreams

Currently completed a 1955 H-D FLH ,& a 1968 H-D FLH , also a 1964 Duo Glide in boxes
    Have owned other H-D's, Norton Commando's , Triumph Bonneville's, BSA single's and a MotoGuzzi SP1000
    Hang the bitch , because simply fading away shouldn't be an option
    "Les Deplorables"