Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default What motorcycles are in our group

I'm an avid two wheeler, having owned a little of everything over the years, Hondas, Suzuki s Harleys ,Gold wings ,and currently a Moto Guzzi California touring. I ride about 10,000 miles per year. My latest Moto Guzzi has been a great bike, real cruise, comfortable, lots,of power. My all time fav is still my 85 gold wing...put 90000 miles on it before I sold it,,,,other than electrical problems it was a great bike. I lived with the throttle lock and becoming a master of the wiring harness. so what is everyone else throwing around or what was you favorite bike.

Why do I think Roadkingtrax is going to say Ducati Monster or Triump triple 7

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by p246 View Post
    Why do I think Roadkingtrax is going to say Ducati Monster or Triump triple 7
    You'd lose that bet. Naked bikes don't much appeal to me. I'm too friendly and cheap to ride a Ducati. LOL

I haven't found anything that really catches my eye the last few years...plus financially my interests have been directed to more "adulting" than I would prefer. I've had the same ST1300 (Pan-American for the Euro types) for several years. Its paid for, and spends a lot more time being unappreciated and holding down the garage floor than when I first fell in love with sport touring.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    You'd lose that bet. Naked bikes don't much appeal to me. I'm too friendly and cheap to ride a Ducati. LOL

I haven't found anything that really catches my eye the last few years...plus financially my interests have been directed to more "adulting" than I would prefer. I've had the same ST1300 (Pan-American for the Euro types) for several years. Its paid for, and spends a lot more time being unappreciated and holding down the garage floor than when I first fell in love with sport touring.
    I really like the ST1300s. The dealership I bought the Moto Guzzi from sells several brands. I looked hard at the ST1300s but the wife wanted a more conventional ride. Never had owned a Guzzi and the California got good reviews. I figured you were going to say you owned a Road King lol

2005 Honda vtx 1300s. bought it brand new.

No motorcycles for me! I suffered a spill riding my '74 Kawasaki 900 back in '75. 3 weeks in the hospital. Then my Father-in-Law got hit by a car while riding. Now he has steel rods in his legs.

After my road encounter with the little old lady in the Spring of 1975, I sold the Trumpet and have not straddled one since. Regards, Clark

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    No motorcycles for me! I suffered a spill riding my '74 Kawasaki 900 back in '75. 3 weeks in the hospital. Then my Father-in-Law got hit by a car while riding. Now he has steel rods in his legs.
    1974 for me on a 750 Kow. My buddy was killed on that very same bike in 1978. I had no qualms doing 150+ on four wheels while strapped inside a roll cage, but a bike at 30 in Chicago traffic... no, thanks. I've only been on a couple of dirt bikes since.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

That will ruin the mood for this hobby for sure. I stop riding mine for anything but in town trips October 1st. Too many deer throwing themselves in front of vehicles during the rut here.

A '74 Kaw 900 would have been a Z1, probably the fastest cycle made during its time. A friend of mine had a new one at the time. He could shift into 2nd, stand it up and pull a wheely all the way through TOWN while shifting. He would usually put the nose down at around 120mph with plenty of throttle left and maybe another gear to go. He later became a motorcycle cop and was issued a Moto Guzzi. He tried pulling that stunt with that heavy bike and just blew the clutch.