1. Default Questions regarding The Launcher, Grenade - M1.

Hello to all. I have a series of questions pertaining to the M1 grenade launcher as developed for use with the 1903 Springfield. 1. Are they legal to own? 2. If so, are they actually available? 3. If so, is there some sort of price range one could expect to pay for an original? 4. Am I crazy for even asking? My reason for asking (crazy or not) is my recent purchase of a nice rifle mounted in a pre-WWII "S" stock that was properly tapped for the M15 sight, as depicted on pages 406-407 in Col. Brophy's volume on the '03. The sight and recoil pad are easy enough, but in order to fully restore the piece to "grenade launching" configuration, an M1 launcher would be great. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

usmatial1950:

Which grenade launcher do you want for th '03? the M1, M2, M7A1, M7A2, or M7A3? See http://www.billricca.com/m7a3_gren_launch_history.htm

90th ID re-einactors sell a repro Grenade Launcer, M1 http://www.90thidpg.us/Equipment/Pro...her/index.html

The practice grenades (reusable) were M11A1, M11A2, M11,A3 and M11A4

inertord.com sells a inert M11A4 and the M1A2 grenade adapter (for the old pineaple grenade).

There are some rubber and aluminu replica's that Re-enactor supply sites sell, that can be fired with the re-enactor blank ammo. www.service ofsupply.com for details.

Hope this helps.

R Brown

I think he is referring to the 1903 Springfield rifle launchers. Here are/were my rifles with the launchers and also my super rare unaltered 1917 Enfield grenade launcher. Sorry they were old photo and couldn't make them bigger, Ray

US grenade launchers.JPGRifle grenade launchers-9.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rayg; 10-27-2017 at 03:05.

more
    The grenade launcher is an early 1944 dated w/four prong one not the later post war three prong one,
    Last edited by rayg; 10-27-2017 at 06:35.

Quote Originally Posted by rayg View Post
    more
    more
    The rare unaltered 1917 Enfield launcher
    Last edited by rayg; 10-27-2017 at 06:31.

Ray, nice pics thanks for sharing some of your pics again.. did you liquidate all your grenade stuff too?
    Last edited by CPC; 10-27-2017 at 12:30.

Thanks CPC, only sold one carbine and one 03 launcher, still have the rest. Ray

Thanks for the reply, Ray, ... regards, Curt ... but when you do..

Quote Originally Posted by rayg View Post
    Thanks CPC, only sold one carbine and one 03 launcher, still have the rest. Ray