View Poll Results: Pay the Extra or Delete Posts?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pay

9 24.32%
  • Delete

28 75.68%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    The real long term value is in the gun posts with info hard to find elsewhere.
    Quite often these posts will be found from a Google search, not searching from this site.

The least long term value is in the chit chat and political areas. Nice to exchange pleasantries, views and outrage with friends, but value after 30, 60, 90 days drops to almost zero in most cases. These are also this highest volume content just by number of posts, and likely to achieve a significant storage reduction if time limited.

If someone wanted to donate to help buy more storage is there a PayPal or similar method we can use?
    There is a PayPal link on the donate tab, but until this all shakes out, I won't know whether there will be enough to upgrade the storage. It's pretty much an all or nothing deal with an annual repeat. Certainly, the gun posts will be preserved if we can cut enough elsewhere.

Is there any "overhead" consumed by having many forums? If there is, I could certainly suggest a few consolidations.

No, the number of forums isn't an issue, just the just the number of actual posts and pictures.

But, to clean up the site some, a few forums could go. Aw, but that would surely end up in an argument.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

I think most of the posts on Gun Talk and 2nd Amend can be deleted after 60 days. If I see posts on Gun Talk that belongs in a specific forum, I try to move them. My 2 cents.
    Spam Sniper- one click, one kill.

CSP is what you make it.

A picture of your gun is worth 1,000 words. A crappy picture is only worth 100.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
    I think most of the posts on Gun Talk and 2nd Amend can be deleted after 60 days. If I see posts on Gun Talk that belongs in a specific forum, I try to move them. My 2 cents.

delete anything that starts out with HILLARY SAID or OBUMMER DID. right from the start. most of the stuff posted over on the 2ND AMEND. is just posted to stir up anger. who cares who kneels or what people like WILSON have to say.

I'm with Jeff on this...

Quote Originally Posted by phil441 View Post
    I'm with Jeff on this...
    I would say if a thread hasn't been hit in 60 days then adios. Put an automatic expiration date after a year. It not as though we need an archive on the chatter boards. The gun related boards..as mentioned those turn up on a search engine. I'm sure we've picked up a few new contributors who have found us by going that route.

Bottom line is there is no quick clean answer, but deletions are needed.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

I think any posts that show hostility, anger, argument, belittling, prejudice, disrespect, name-calling, etc. should automatically be deleted.

That's not the point of this thread.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.