Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Usmc m40

Default Remington repro M-40

The CO of the USMCR sniper school at Camp Bullis, Texas, COL. W. C. Dickman, was a WW-2 enlisted pilot/FO sometime sniper back then. In the '67-71 period I made friends with him and many other marine shooters as a college Army ROTC boy, and I was invited to shoot with the 4th recon Bn snipers, do land navigation, great times. He later bought 3 of the Remington repro guns and put Burris 3-9s on them and a brass plate somewhat memorializing himself as CO of the USMCR sniper school. I bought one of his self made commemoratives. Later on he sent me his origjnal SRB. The gun is likely not worth nearly what I paid for it but it's certainly a token of some happy times 50 years ago when I was young. I guess it ought to have a "correct" scope but....

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Griff Murphey View Post
    The CO of the USMCR sniper school at Camp Bullis, Texas, COL. W. C. Dickman, was a WW-2 enlisted pilot/FO sometime sniper back then. In the '67-71 period I made friends with him and many other marine shooters as a college Army ROTC boy, and I was invited to shoot with the 4th recon Bn snipers, do land navigation, great times. He later bought 3 of the Remington repro guns and put Burris 3-9s on them and a brass plate somewhat memorializing himself as CO of the USMCR sniper school. I bought one of his self made commemoratives. Later on he sent me his origjnal SRB. The gun is likely not worth nearly what I paid for it but it's certainly a token of some happy times 50 years ago when I was young. I guess it ought to have a "correct" scope but....
    Lets see some pictures of this rifle. Sounds interesting.