Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: digital scale

Default digital scale

after having problems with my shaky arthritic hands it's time to replace my trusty old ohaus with a digital scale, anyone have any recommendations that I will not have to take a mortgage out on?

My old paws seem to get along with a Lyman 1200 dps.

nice. but I don't need the dispencer, just the scale. thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by free1954 View Post
    nice. but I don't need the dispencer, just the scale. thanks for the reply.
    Go to Graf and Sons, they start @ $25 on up.
    Sam

A digital scale is just easier to read. Still needs trickler. However, like S.A. Boggs says, just pick one. And dispense your money. snicker.
    Spelling and grammar count!

thanks guys for the responses. I know how to use them and I know where to find them, I was looking for recommendations of the ones that people are using.

I have a Salter-Brecknell that I paid $35 for at Cabelas about 7 years ago. I check every tenth or so against a beam scale... and it's always been right on the money. No need to go out and buy the most expensive fancy equipment when simple reliable stuff can be found for much less!

A word of advice: Keep your cell phone at least ten feet away from digital scales. It DOES affect the scales operation and accuracy!!!
    Last edited by psteinmayer; 10-17-2017 at 02:12.
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by psteinmayer View Post
    I have a Salter-Brecknell that I paid $35 for at Cabelas about 7 years ago. I check every tenth or so against a beam scale... and it's always been right on the money. No need to go out and buy the most expensive fancy equipment when simple reliable stuff can be found for much less!

A word of advice: Keep your cell phone at least ten feet away from digital scales. It DOES affect the scales operation and accuracy!!!

thanks for the reply and the cell phone advice. what model scale are you using?
    Last edited by free1954; 10-19-2017 at 05:26. Reason: senility

IMG_4102.jpg

I'm using the Gempro 250 and a Dandy Trickler. I've been in it for a year and have had good luck with both.In reading reviews on the Gempro some have reported issues and less than stellar customer serive FYI. Mine and a fellow reloaders unit have operated flawlessly. It was on his recommendation I bought mine. Both of us just leave the scale turned on, which based on reviews seems to cause less issues.

The scale has only walked twice and both times were when I was not using it and came back to reload. In each instance the AC was off and windows to house were open. Both occurred when the weather took a wild swing. Both times a recalibration put it back and working.

The recalibration is more complicated than my previous RCBS scale but it's not rocket science.
    Last edited by p246; 10-19-2017 at 06:26.

Quote Originally Posted by free1954 View Post
    thanks for the reply and the cell phone advice. what model scale are you using?
    It's a Salter Brecknell Model CB-50. I'm not sure if they still offer this model, but I'm pretty sure Cabelas offers something similar for a similar price.

Just checked the sight, and there are low priced models from Hornady, Lyman, and Frankford Arsenal... all priced below $30.
    Last edited by psteinmayer; 10-22-2017 at 01:46.
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo