1. Default Herringbone shooting jacket

Guys,

Somewhere along the line I acquired an OD green herringbone shooting coat. It has no collar, quilted padded elbows, quilted padded shoulder pad, right breast pocket with buttoned flap, and five buttons up the front. Any information on what I've got here?

Thanks,
    Chilly

Default USMC shooting jacket

Sounds like the one in photo below. I recently bought a repro USMC shooting jacket. No longer Herringbone. Would love to have found an Army shooting jacket, but no such animal exists on the internet. Some have the globe & anchor symbol, some don't.
    "Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace." - T.R.

3. Default

Yes, it looks very much like that one, right down to the stitch pattern on the elbow pad. Thanks.

henerygale12 Guest

Hi guys,

wow.....it's awesome.....!

Thanks

Regards
    Henery Gale

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Guys,

Somewhere along the line I acquired an OD green herringbone shooting coat. It has no collar, quilted padded elbows, quilted padded shoulder pad, right breast pocket with buttoned flap, and five buttons up the front. Any information on what I've got here?

Thanks,
    Chilly
    Your basic "G.P. Mays" GI Rag-Jacket. I figure everybody that shoots competition bought one when they started....and then quickly moved on to something (anything!) better. FWIW, I still drag the old Mays ragger out when I do load/bench testing...better off a bench than my Creedmoor Hardback!

Hmmmmm.....I've also got the lamp.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Dan: Did you ever use the old aluminum 35mm film can? Punch a hole in the top, throw in some carbide. When you got on the line you spit in to the can, screwed on the lid, and lit it. Enough black for 1-3 rifles!

I seem to recall a Zippo lighter will do the trick too.

-Jeff L
    Spam Sniper- one click, one kill.

CSP is what you make it.

A picture of your gun is worth 1,000 words. A crappy picture is only worth 100.