Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

Default NOTE in the room... the plot "thickens"

they claim the note on his night stand was ballistic caluculations!!

gimme a break, 371 yards away and wall to wall people and you "have to calculate".
    He11, a blind man could have stuck any gun out the window and hit somebody.
    This is so much B.S. probably used as a distraction to the fact that this guy was of islam and all of the sympathizers don't want to admit it.!
    the deep Barrack Hussein Gov't strikes again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I smell a RAT, a big ******G rat
    Last edited by Former Cav; 10-09-2017 at 10:03.

I agree, There is a smelly rat involved with this investigation! 2X isis said he was their boy!

Last edited by gwp; 10-09-2017 at 12:38.

The one article quotes a LEO as saying it's impossible to light a tank of jet fuel with gunfire. His very public point is taken but the truth is somewhat more complicated.

leftyo Guest

fuel in quantity is very hard to ignite. now spring a leak and let the vapors build for a few minutes, and the vapors arent so hard to ignite.

Quote Originally Posted by leftyo View Post
    fuel in quantity is very hard to ignite. now spring a leak and let the vapors build for a few minutes, and the vapors arent so hard to ignite.
    This is true, the liquid does not burn, the vapors do. But Jet full is modified kerosene which evaporates slower then gasoline. And he would need AP tracer ammo. Tracer they found, nothing about AP. I assume caliber was 223, would it penetrate fuel tanks? They are generally thicker steel at bottom of tanks. The vapors, by the way, have to be a certain percentage of the air, with gasoline about 15%, if heaver with vapor then that it will not burn.
    Last edited by dave; 10-09-2017 at 02:45.
    You can never go home again.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal, citing an unnamed source, reported late Wednesday that two holes were found in one of the two jet fuel tanks near the site of the Route 91 Harvest concert. One of the bullets penetrated a tank, but did not cause an explosion, the report said.
    Take a look at how BIG those tanks are! If he only hit them twice out of all the rounds he fired, clearly those were not deliberate shots, just random.

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

I'm guessing he used his 308 scoped rifle for the tanks.
    BTW.... wouldn't the tank have a rubber bladder in it that shrinks as you draw the fluid down so their is NO room for vapors?
    and...a couple of years ago...myth busters were shooting gasoline tanks with tracers and NOTHING happened.

If so, he still only got two hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Cav View Post
    I'm guessing he used his 308 scoped rifle for the tanks.
    BTW.... wouldn't the tank have a rubber bladder in it that shrinks as you draw the fluid down so their is NO room for vapors?
    and...a couple of years ago...myth busters were shooting gasoline tanks with tracers and NOTHING happened.
    Cav,

More than likely the tanks Do have a bladder to limit vapor. That would be why an attempt was made to put a hole in the tank. Even if he was successful in making a hole (or multiple holes, for that matter), he would still have to cause ignition in an area where the fuel/air mixture was right. Not so easy to do. Too much or too little fuel and it won't ignite. Same goes for air. Even if he did somehow manage to poke a hole and have the fuel ignite (and it would only do that outside of the tank), a fire of that size would be a non-event. Airport firefighters routinely practice on flammable liquid fires much larger than would have been created.

As to the mythbusters thing, again a tracer going through a gasoline tank wouldn't cause a fire unless the fuel/air mixture was right. I've personally observed cigarettes and even road flares being put out by being submerged in gasoline. Just don't try that at home! It was demonstrated during a flammable liquids class at a fire academy with all involved at a safe distance.
    I dream of a better world. One where chickens may cross the road without their motives being questioned.