Default Help please with 1903 markings

I have a 1903 Springfield Mark I with SN# 1063XXX. I am trying to figure out the markings on the bolt. On the lug in the middle of the bolt is NS which I understand to mean Nickel Steel. The mark that I can't figure out is UNDER the bolt handle. The ordnance bomb is there but under the bomb are two characters that I can’t figure out. They may be 50 or SO or 5D or SD, but they are so small I can’t tell. Any idea what they are? Also between the bolt handle and safety on the right side is a R. Any idea what these markings are? Who made the bolt and when? Any help will be appreciated.
    "In God We Trust"

Quote Originally Posted by Hecklerusp45 View Post
    . . . . . Also between the bolt handle and safety on the right side is a R. . . . . .
    I believe this part is called the bolt "sleeve" . . . NOT the bolt itself.

The sleeve marked with the "R" denotes manufacture by Remington Arms during WW2.

Try this website for more info:

Www.vishooter.net
    Last edited by JimF; 10-09-2017 at 07:15.

Your Bolt is a late Rock Island Nickel Steel bolt manufactured late 1918 early 1919. The N.S. On the safety lug denotes it is made of Nickel Steel. And underneath is a flaming bomb and the number 50. Is it a straight handle or a curved/swept handle bolt? They both exist but the swept handle are extremely rare. The bolt sleeve with the R is a Remington manufactured bolt Sleeve. It seems you have a rebuilt rifle which is quite common for the MarkI’s.

It is not at the house right now, but as I remember the bolt is straight. Thanks for all the info gents, you were a lot of help.
    "In God We Trust"