1. Default Krag Carbine ser#

Hello...I was asked to come to this website and register my Krag Carbine. It seems the ser# is not one that is with-in the Krag carbine range but actually a bit before it.

Ser# is 279302. Has the 'C' on the rear sight side, had the date '1900' in the cartouche.

IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG

Thanks

Ed

If it says Model 1899 it is a carbine.

Everything about it appears to be carbine, and as John said "1899" equals carbine. Number (which I believe is close to the end of the first block of M1899 carbines, though I do not have my s/n books handy) equates to 1900 as well. I do not see a problem. BTW, we don't "register" guns here - just try to answer questions.

4. Default

Hello Dick......I had almost passed on this carbine because on another register, it's ser# did not fall into the range it was quoting but I was directed in the right direction by thorin6 on the US Militaria Forum. The gentleman didn't state his name. Glad he steered me in the right direction.

Cheers

Ed

Hello - looked at my books when I got home - that exact number is not listed, but it does occur in the vicinity of other recorded carbines. I would not worry.

6. Default

Thanks.......

'RetArmyNoncom' - Thanks for sharing. That is a nice wall display you have!

Hello RetArmy. Good going on that carbine and I hope you will take it out and shoot it. They like to be fired, and are quite accurate.

Oh, and thank you for your service!

jn