Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

They are inaccurate, unsafe, and serve no practical purpose other than to show off, ruin barrels, and lay down suppressing fire.. I know of no ranges in my area that will even allow you to use one at their facility, so whats the point? I don't see the need, never did, don't care that they ban them.
    He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Shapiro View Post
    Smart move on their part. Earlier Nancy Pelosi was pushing for a ban on them, even admitting it was 'hopefully a slippery slope to more gun control regulations'.
    Why would she say that? To put Republicans off of supporting the ban. Then the Democrats could scream and yell that the NRA and Republicans want everyone to have a machine gun. Now the NRA has called her bluff, tying a bump-stock ban WITH recognition of a national CCW reciprocity.

Looks like the ball is now back in Pelosi's court. Will Democrats refuse to support such a bill?

https://twitter.com/NBCPolitics/stat...04277025366016
    I think the NRA overstepped. The national CCW reciprocity should have waited for another day as it should not have been attached to the LV tragedy. Emotions are running high on both ends and the initial "call to review" should have stood alone. Adding those lines in that release only added more fuel and blame to the left's knee-jerk hatred.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by PaFrank View Post
    They are inaccurate, unsafe, and serve no practical purpose other than to show off, ruin barrels, and lay down suppressing fire.. I know of no ranges in my area that will even allow you to use one at their facility, so whats the point? I don't see the need, never did, don't care that they ban them.
    Have you read the California Senator's bill, as written it could imply other restrictions. How about a 25lb trigger pull for instance? Remember, Congress writes the bill, BATF{E} writes the regulations. We need to be careful of what we ask for...we might get something else!
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    I think the NRA overstepped. The national CCW reciprocity should have waited for another day as it should not have been attached to the LV tragedy. Emotions are running high on both ends and the initial "call to review" should have stood alone. Adding those lines in that release only added more fuel and blame to the left's knee-jerk hatred.
    Sometimes the best thing to have is silence.
    Sam

JB
    Democrats will never let a national reciprocity agreement pass as a stand-alone. The suppressor bill might pass on it's own. The Democrats would be hard-pressed to bring forward a "victim" of a suppressor.......and these are the same people who think a "flasher hider" hides the flash from the victim.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpebble View Post
    .... I'm coming to the conclusion that your analytical experience comes from being on the "other side " of the couch ..... know what I mean?
    What a complete idiot. He claims the Iraqi war happened so Halliburton stock holders would get rich. He pisses on the flag, the anthem, and every veteran that gave his life to defend this country. He kneels with the NFL and is a fan of Ashley Judd.

He doesn't know (or care) for example, these laws were passed years ago for emergency actions in case of hurricanes, riots, disasters, etc. If the Governor, Mayor, or etc. invokes those laws they must invoke the entire law and cannot pick and choose which part to enforce and ignore the others. So Democrats in 1936, passed a emergency law in respect to natural disasters, riots, rebellion, and etc. Selling alcohol was one of the things they banned.

NEWS FLASH... NEWS FLASH... Sam Boggs was not responsible for it!!!!

This is not a new law, Sam Boggs didn't pass it and it matters not a whit if he agrees with it or not. It doesn't matter whether or not the Governor agrees with it... it was a serious disaster and he invoked the laws that were already on the books. If you missed your daily six pack, I am very sorry but it is over now and you can go back to your safe room and cry.

BTW.. As I understand it you are a Florida resident... How come it is only now you are offended??? Why weren't you out there campaigning against these laws 15 years ago????
    Last edited by RED; 10-05-2017 at 04:35.

leftyo Guest

i find it disturbing that anytime something happens, guns or parts of guns have to be banned for our betterment. somehow we've seen trucks filled with fertalizers and fuel used as bombs, pressure cookers used as bombs, vehicles driven into crowds, yet ive never seen the outcry to ban any of these, none of which are rights in the constitution. might be we should ban the construction of buildings more than 3 stories tall, outlaw the gathering of more than 50 people in any one place at any one time. we have seen box cutters used to hijack airplanes, airplanes used for the murder of thousands, yet no cry to ban them. in the end even so called supporters of the 2nd, just roll over and quit. hope your all happy with your daisy red ryders, because that all the anti gun people want you to have, and they are not going to stop at stocks, triggers, nor magazine capacity!

Everything you mentioned has a useful purpose in society. No comparison to bump stocks.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    Everything you mentioned has a useful purpose in society. No comparison to bump stocks.
    useful purpose, but not a right! because possibly you find one gun accessory or another not useful, does not mean someone else does not. the 2nd amendment is not about useful, it is about the people being able to defend themselves against the gvmnt, so called "useful" has nothing to do with it.

Bump firing is the act of using the recoil of a semi-automatic firearm to fire shots in rapid succession, which simulates the ability of a fully automatic firearm. Many semi-automatic firearms can be "bump fired" in their original configuration and without specially designed stocks, triggers or other devices. Some are more receptive to the technique than others........most notably the .30 Cal M1 rifle designed by John C. Garand and the .30 Cal M1 Carbine whose short stroke piston was developed by David "Carbine" Williams; both of which are classified as curios and relics by the BATFE. The semi-automatic .45 Mac and 9mm Mini Mac pistols can also easily be bump fired.

"No amount of legislation will ever strip the evil from an immoral man."