Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    leftyo Guest

its not about the stock! thinking the dems/anti's have a short memory is ludicrous. i should add, what are you going to give up next?
    Last edited by leftyo; 10-06-2017 at 03:25.

Quote Originally Posted by leftyo View Post
    its not about the stock! thinking the dems/anti's have a short memory is ludicrous. i should add, what are you going to give up next?
    Yes it is about the stock. Don't try to make it more than it is. Nobody is giving up anything because nobody cared about this stupid stock a week ago, didn't even know it existed. I said the public has a short memory not politicians, don't change my words.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by swampyankee View Post
    Yes it is about the stock. Don't try to make it more than it is. Nobody is giving up anything because nobody cared about this stupid stock a week ago, didn't even know it existed. I said the public has a short memory not politicians, don't change my words.
    Thats right Swampy ... its called concessions. We make them.... or lose. As Togor aptly put it ... give up a domino

So people are OPPOSED to "giving up" what many of us were totally unaware of just one week ago.

Hmmmmmm...............and the left, for some reason, is no longer obsessed with statues this week. Like they were two weeks ago.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by swampyankee View Post
    i didnt change your words, i disagree'd with your words. its not about the damned stock! people are very short sighted to think it is. while they may have given up on statues, the dems have been after all things gun for over 50yrs, and havent given up. they may have taken a few pauses, but they have not stopped.

6. Default Permit me to point out a "small" point Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Shapiro View Post
    So people are OPPOSED to "giving up" what many of us were totally unaware of just one week ago.

Hmmmmmm...............and the left, for some reason, is no longer obsessed with statues this week. Like they were two weeks ago.

Even you can't overlook the fact that 59 dead and 520 wounded in one ten minute period creates an awfull lot of awareness...... can you?

And please explain how you could even imagine why those 59 dead and 520 wounded wouldn't draw attention away from... statues...

A point my daughter made is that for the number dead and wounded, there are many more who were there and experienced being under fire. Whether or not they bear witness to that when they return home, and to what end, remains to be seen. But it is different than other shootings in the sheer number of people targeted.

I read reports that he was wanting tracers, presumably for the usual reason, and that he took some potshots at the jet fuel tanks. It's as though this guy cooked up the ultimate plan to wreak havoc through legally acquired means.
    Last edited by togor; 10-06-2017 at 04:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpebble View Post
    More Americans killed by guns since 1968 than in all U.S. wars, columnist Nicholas Kristof writes _ PunditFact

Politifact has an example of all the statistics
    Thanks for the reply.

For those that don't want to have to look it up - http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...ars-says-colu/

OK. They had numbers. I have a calculator.

From 1968 until 2015 is 47 years. (Their cut-off date, not mine.) They used the year of Robert F. Kennedy's assassination. He was actually assassinated in June, but I gave them the whole year in order to lower the daily death count. With an average of 365 days per year (because I did not want to calculate leap years), is a total of 17,155 days.

1,516,863 deaths (their number) divided by 17,155 days equals a little more than 88 deaths per day - everyday of the year - for 47 years.

Statistics - you gotta love them.

You would think 88 gun deaths per day - everyday - for 47 years would be . . . ummmm . . . common knowledge? I guess you can learn (or at least read) something everyday.

Thanks, again for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    A point my daughter made is that for the number dead and wounded, there are many more who were there and experienced being under fire. Whether or not they bear witness to that when they return home, and to what end, remains to be seen. But it is different than other shootings in the sheer number of people targeted.

I read reports that he was wanting tracers, presumably for the usual reason, and that he took some potshots at the jet fuel tanks. It's as though this guy cooked up the ultimate plan to wreak havoc through legally acquired means.
    Tracers work both ways. Does anyone know if he actually used them or just tried to buy them. Have seen both versions in print stories.

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by p246 View Post
    Tracers work both ways. Does anyone know if he actually used them or just tried to buy them. Have seen both versions in print stories.
    have not heard anything about him using tracers or attempting to buy them. tracers arent hard to get, so my guess is if he wanted them, he would have gotten them.