Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    leftyo Guest

better cut this guys hands off https://youtu.be/Vvr0rSaFgZE

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by leftyo View Post
    here, the guy doesnt have a fancy stock, and is in total control of the rifle. so are we going to ban fingers, or what?https://youtu.be/7Wq3PZZYB9I
    No just keep showing things like that and they'll ban AR's or all semi autos.
    Last edited by swampyankee; 10-06-2017 at 12:17. Reason: content

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by swampyankee View Post
    No just keep showing things like that and they'll ban AR's or all semi autos.
    they are going to anyways if we dont stand against idiotic bans that do nothing to reduce crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpebble View Post
    So... Allen and Sam... permit a polite question. Should we happen to follow that thought, where does it end? ...

Do we keep restricting crowd size ... and our "right to congregate" ... until we can only have small public groups . Do we disallow some of our populations right to enjoy an outdoor event without fear because we can't step on the rights of Rambo Wannabes ?

After Timothy McVeigh bombed Oklahoma some very stringent laws came into effect regarding the purchase of large amounts of fertilizer ..... why was that ?..... was the fact that my "right" to purchase large quantities of nitrates was curtailed a justified move on the Governments part?.... I mean, I could have used those nitrates to insure I'm not oppressed by an out of controll Government, right?

Please spare me "nitrates weren't mentioned in the Constitution" crap.

So... where do we go with this ?.... small crowds only in enclosed venues ?... smaller public schools would mean fewer targets for a bump stock owner too... right?

How "free" would we all feel then ?
    Like I said. With overpopulation we lose freedoms. We can't do what we used to do in some cases. This many people surrounded by tall buildings with no means of security is asking for trouble in today's society.

Since you seem to be fascinated with fertilizer it is my understanding that I can still buy small quantities of it. If buying it by the truck load I have to show a license proving that I operate a farm.

Bump stocks? I saw many of them for sale on GB before the listings were pulled. Many of them were used and listed as "only used once". I feel the owners weren't too impressed with them. I've just never had any desire to own one or a crank trigger for the Ruger 10/22-as hard as they are to load I don't want to blow out the ammo any faster than I need to. I don't want to see any kind of ban or regulation in the firearm industry at all because the barbaric liberals will make it a "hey day" and want to ban every thing.

I am a NRA life member and am really pissed at this. The NRA is throwing us under the bus, AGAIN. I just got off the phone with the NRA and told them to quit sending me letters for donations, or support as I will no longer be giving ANY money to them, any money I donate will be going to Gun Owners of America, or JPFO.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser, Socrates

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Like I said. With overpopulation we lose freedoms. We can't do what we used to do in some cases. This many people surrounded by tall buildings with no means of security is asking for trouble in today's society.

Since you seem to be fascinated with fertilizer it is my understanding that I can still buy small quantities of it. If buying it by the truck load I have to show a license proving that I operate a farm.

Bump stocks? I saw many of them for sale on GB before the listings were pulled. Many of them were used and listed as "only used once". I feel the owners weren't too impressed with them. I've just never had any desire to own one or a crank trigger for the Ruger 10/22-as hard as they are to load I don't want to blow out the ammo any faster than I need to. I don't want to see any kind of ban or regulation in the firearm industry at all because the barbaric liberals will make it a "hey day" and want to ban every thing.
    Was happy to read your reply Allen.... but I'm not fascinated with fertilizers, it was merely an example ... but.. "Barbaric Liberals" ?

Like everyone here... I love my guns. But as its a fact that more Americans have died within the US borders from gunshot since the 60's than all the wars in our history combined.... we need to understand why others may not love our guns.... and we need to understand that they have the power of vote... and that is what America is all about...... according to The Constitution .

Without concessions.... we could lose it all.... and sad as it sounds, thats a simple fact....

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLYDF View Post
    I am a NRA life member and am really pissed at this...
    I'm a Benefactor member and am relieved NRA showed enough common sense to recognize that defending these stocks was a loosing proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by leftyo View Post
    change the scenario of what happened a bit, same place and time, but put a half decent shooter up in that room with a couple of deer hunting rifles. 4-500yds is a chip shot with one if your any good at all. give the same 10 minutes. maybe there would be less wounded, except those who were injured by the stampede, but with a good rifleman up in that room the death toll would be well over what it was. now they wouldnt be wanting some oddball stock, they would be after your super deadly deer rifles, except they would call them sniper rifles. be careful of what your willing to just give up without a fight, because the liberals dont just want a stock, they have said it over and over, they want it all!

Amen... great post. Aimed fire is always more effective than spray and pray. For example Charles Whitman in the Texas tower killed 18 people and wounded 31. He had perhaps dozens of targets... not hundreds and certainly not the 22,000 gathered together in a shooting gallery. Neither did he have a full auto or a bump fire device.

Speaking of bump fire devices... you can essentially do the same thing with a folded piece of cardboard and some rubber bands. How are they going to prohibit that?

Speaking of bump fire devices... you can essentially do the same thing with a folded piece of cardboard and some rubber bands. How are they going to prohibit that?
    Good question. Let's hope the bill writers (maybe with NRA help) are on their game. I know people say these things are uncontrollable and therefore useless, but controllability is an engineering problem that can be solved, especially for the 5.56mm cartridge. The in-line recoil of the AR pattern is already a giant step in the right direction. As people have wisely said, semi-autos could be at stake if this isn't fixed.