I have had an 03-A3 for many years. I haven't had it out of the stock for 31 years; I have had no readon to. It shoots well esp. if I'm on the hi end of 4064 with flat base 150 grainers.

The stock is full pistol grip, has no cartouches, so either it was sanded or it is after market. It isn't a "fat" stock.

I have a sight cover, says US with the flaming bomb on the left and 'R' stamped on the right, don't know if it is marine or other.

Barrel is Rem, 2-43.

The bolt handle has 2 dimples underneath. On the bottom of the bolt, underneath the safety, there is a 1/4 circle that looks like a very light horizontal '8' that is very light ly struck.

I replaced the ramp type rear sight with a Redfield 102, and an adjustable aperture with large, med, and small hole.

Now, how do I evaluate this rifle to see what's what? The 03 is less complicated than the M-1, but I can't see anymore identification without taking the rifle out of the stock.

Can someone please tell me how to evaluate this rifle, and while I'm at it, how do I evaluate my non CMP M1? Thanks in advance.