Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vegas

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawknj View Post
    Matyas Rakosi, who engineered the Communist takeover of Hungary in 1945-46, was noted for his "salami slicing" tactics-just a little bit at time. What I call flank attacks on the RKBA-cf. the attempts to deny recent veterans their 2A Rights on the grounds that they've been so "traumatized"-PTSD, anyone ?-that ...you get the picture.
    Supposing they find out this guy was on drugs, either prescription or illegal-what then.
    Gun owners are a pretty ingenious and inventive bunch. Be honest-how any of you have bought "those" books and made silencers ? Outlaw bump fire parts. accelerators ? Make your own out of scrap metal, won't hurt so much if you have to ditch them.
    this is pretty good. we all know that criminals dont abide by the law anyways. anything banned just deprives honest people, it doesnt deprive or slow down criminals in the least!

Quote Originally Posted by Griff Murphey View Post
    Anybody on this forum... Do you really want to defend bump fire and other accelerators?

Because if you are going to try we are going to lose our military semiautos. There is no way on God's green that you can justify turning loose just anybody with a full auto, admittedly a second rate one but damn sure deadly firing into a crowd.

I'd rather keep my guns. I've never proposed banning any "part" before but I damn sure will now. I think ATF likely approved the things knowing eventually the worst case scenario would happen... And it has.
    I will -

When was the last time a gun grabber compromised? Do you think if we offered to outlaw bump fire if they agree to national reciprocity of CCW they would look across and say - sure - that will work...

IT ISN'T THE FRIGGIN TOOL THAT KILLED ANYONE - IT IS THE PERSON

I live this sh$t every day - I live in California - where we have outlawed scary flash hiders, scary bayonet lugs, scary pistol grip stocks, scary detachable magazines, scary bullet buttons, scary pistols that don't pass a drop test, scary pistols that don't microstamp serial numbers on brass, scary ammunition without a license.... God knows no one needs more than one firearm every 30 days - then wait another 10 days to "cool down"...oh yeah, and those guns of choice for gang bangers - the scary .50 cal which can shoot straight through 10 houses..... and the list goes on.....

You are just fooling yourself and willingly allowing the camel's nose under the tent.... don't believe it? come live in CA

I don't want to add ANOTHER item to the list of stuff I have to beg a bureaucrat to allow me to purchase....

Do I own a bump fire? nope - Did I ever want to own one? nope - but that is my CHOICE not some politicians wet dream.

I can hear it now..... I'd blow your arse away, if only that darn bump fire stock was legal... dang that law.... now I can't live out my warped end of life....

Government is NOT the answer to every situation - NO LAW WILL STOP A NUT

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by dobek View Post
    I will -

When was the last time a gun grabber compromised? Do you think if we offered to outlaw bump fire if they agree to national reciprocity of CCW they would look across and say - sure - that will work...

IT ISN'T THE FRIGGIN TOOL THAT KILLED ANYONE - IT IS THE PERSON

I live this sh$t every day - I live in California - where we have outlawed scary flash hiders, scary bayonet lugs, scary pistol grip stocks, scary detachable magazines, scary bullet buttons, scary pistols that don't pass a drop test, scary pistols that don't microstamp serial numbers on brass, scary ammunition without a license.... God knows no one needs more than one firearm every 30 days - then wait another 10 days to "cool down"...oh yeah, and those guns of choice for gang bangers - the scary .50 cal which can shoot straight through 10 houses..... and the list goes on.....

You are just fooling yourself and willingly allowing the camel's nose under the tent.... don't believe it? come live in CA

I don't want to add ANOTHER item to the list of stuff I have to beg a bureaucrat to allow me to purchase....

Do I own a bump fire? nope - Did I ever want to own one? nope - but that is my CHOICE not some politicians wet dream.

I can hear it now..... I'd blow your arse away, if only that darn bump fire stock was legal... dang that law.... now I can't live out my warped end of life....

Government is NOT the answer to every situation - NO LAW WILL STOP A NUT

Steve
    Gentlemen now you have heard it from someone who is in the trenches living and fighting, while the vast majority of us still wait in the trucks to deploy. "I don't agree with what you said, but I will fight to the death for you to say it!" sound familiar. To give a shark a hunk of meat will only make them more desirous of where the meat is coming from. Who here is willing to be the first chunk...not I.
    Sam

No one has any illusions about what the anti gunners want. That's not even a question. What is a question is if an assist device needs to be defended the same as a firearm. And if so, why.

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    No one has any illusions about what the anti gunners want. That's not even a question. What is a question is if an assist device needs to be defended the same as a firearm. And if so, why.
    Why not? Do you "need" those deadly high capacity feeding devices? Do we "need" a firearms that holds. "More then two bullets" as the news people say. Do you really "need" more then_________fill in the blanks. Who or what are you willing to have define, "Your Need?" Unless we all stay together we have a good chance of hanging individually and mark my word we will HANG. Since the control of full automatic firearms "to get them out of criminal hands" gun owners are going down a slippery path that we grease ourselves. Amongst ourselves this should not be a conversation of what "we" are willing to defend. I don't own one of these devices, yet I reload and make my own bullets. For the sake of society who here is willing to have me give up part of my hobby for the sake of government control of all ammunition? Are "we" that willing to sell each other out? Who here is willing to step up and say, "I will for the sake of a safe society and for the children!" What did that Famous American Hero say..."Give me Liberty or give me Death!"
    Sam

Blog Entries

Bump fire devices were a range toy up until Sunday night. Now, they will be the sacrificial lamb. It was simply a matter of time.

All the Patrick Henry rhetoric aside, the times may have to make us at least consider some small compromises. Make no mistake, my "line in the sand" is FAR to the right of most people, but if we can be honest enough to admit that the bump-stock was a bad idea which should NEVER have gotton past the 'doodling on a napkin' stage, our image would improve greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hosmer View Post
    All the Patrick Henry rhetoric aside, the times may have to make us at least consider some small compromises. Make no mistake, my "line in the sand" is FAR to the right of most people, but if we can be honest enough to admit that the bump-stock was a bad idea which should NEVER have gotton past the 'doodling on a napkin' stage, our image would improve greatly.
    BATF could have shut this down at any time and yet didn't. What was it, 30 years ago the "drop in"sears for AR's? Can someone answer me this, since 1934 what compromises have the anti's made? In 1986 Ronnie helped stop the manufacture of all new auto weapons and "we" were thrown the bone that military surplus firearms could be imported. How long did this last? IMHO any compromise is a lose regardless of any promises on future actions. Want to talk about gun control, O.K. I have a CCW in Ohio make it a Federal Law that I can use my license in New York or Jersey and not be harassed. Supreme court says that driver's licenses are good in all state, marriage licenses, why not CCW as well. I will compromise and not drink beef for the rest of my life for this. {I don't drink anyway.}
    Sam

Why should we compromise on any right given to the people by the Bill of Rights!
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

Quote Originally Posted by m1ashooter View Post
    Why should we compromise on any right given to the people by the Bill of Rights!
    You already know the answer. Because rights extended unchecked collide with rights coming from another direction. Examples abound.