Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpebble View Post
    Sam... everytime I've mentioned here at Culvers "we" as gun owners, need to be responsible for our fire arms.... responsible for their use and the safety of any one in their proximity.....

.... I've had my ass handed to me and labeled an anti gunner.
    Unfortunately we (collective for us people) are always looking for something easy to blame acts like this upon. Guns, knives, cars, etc. I believe we need to look deeper and try to understand why someone would want to cause this much pain to others? That will not be an easy answer.

KTK

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpebble View Post
    Sam... everytime I've mentioned here at Culvers "we" as gun owners, need to be responsible for our fire arms.... responsible for their use and the safety of any one in their proximity.....

.... I've had my ass handed to me and labeled an anti gunner.
    In no way, shape, or form do I have or currently believe you are anti-gun. I, like you, safeguard my "friends" to keep people from them. Today I went to Tractor Supply to reprice safe's. The theory being the large the safe the more "friends" that I can have. Personally, I would like to see a mandatory ten year federal sentence for each act of theft involving any firearm. I am not saying possession, I am saying the actual act of stealing the firearm. People can have a stolen firearm and have obtained it from a legal source.
    Sam

So far it looks like my predictions are mostly wrong... But the whys and wherefores are still not known. I think it is going to be related to the kneel downs and the fact that just minutes before the shooting started, the band and the audience were singing God Bless America.

So far all I've read is that he was a gambler, lived in a nice house, owns 2 planes and is a pilot. His father however was a bank robber wanted by the FBI. Perhaps that's how this dude had all this nice stuff in the first place.

He is an accountant. We must ban all accountants.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

I heard from the news and the sound of the shooting that the perp had a full automatic weapon. Are people legally allowed to have such weapons in Vegas?

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    So far it looks like my predictions are mostly wrong... But the whys and wherefores are still not known. I think it is going to be related to the kneel downs and the fact that just minutes before the shooting started, the band and the audience were singing God Bless America.
    But your are right for the majority of weirdo shooters. That would be white shooters. The mid-easteners have their own agenda. The common denonminator is, they are miserable human beings that wallow in their sorrow and then lash out. The kneelers don't really figure into this. This guy was angry long before that.
    S.A. Boggs, generally you figure out a way to turn the subject around to your own situation and history.
    The guy was a Loser, that means he was betting his future on gambling. His father was a bank robber, yes. Maybe there is a genetic connection there.
    There was a cop(atten:.Boggs) that was playing big. He bet the farm(no doubt, in an angry way) and lost. He pulled out his sidearm and shot himself in the head right at the table. That's anger. That's Vegas. Have you even seen the underside of the place? I have, it's creepy.
    Last edited by dryheat; 10-03-2017 at 01:00.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

The "libs" are going to come down real hard on all of us & the NRA & the Repubs. Gonna be a "food fight" in Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by tmark View Post
    I heard from the news and the sound of the shooting that the perp had a full automatic weapon. Are people legally allowed to have such weapons in Vegas?
    You are wrong, THESE WERE NOT FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPONS. Yes, it is legal for LV citizens to own full automatic weapons. AS long as they can legally own non full auto guns. A legal full automatic, gun, manufactured and registered in or before 1986 machine gun can be owned in most of the U.S. But did you know that a legal M-16 rifle requires an extensive background check plus $25,000 or more.

This guy was using what is called a bump or slide fire gun. It is a regular semi auto gun that has a device attached to it that allows the shooter to use the recoil of the rifle to pull the trigger over and over at an incredible. Do a Google and look up "bump"fire or "slide" fire. Plenty of video is available.

There are pictures on the internet showing two of the guns used with the devices attached.

Here is the link. http://www.fox25boston.com/news/what...work/618810901
    Last edited by RED; 10-03-2017 at 12:37.

Disclaimer: 80 years old, *no military service (other than that I chose ROTC over gym in HS), have never fired a full-auto weapon, *not into the "black rifle culture", but am an outspoken 2A supporter, Benefactor NRA Life member, voted for Trump and would again, etc. Having said that:

F**k the libs.

However, why do we not - proactively for a change - make some moves?

(1) How about the NRA proposes a national law banning "bump-stocks". They were created for ONE purpose only - to "legally" skirt the full-auto issue. There is absolutely no justification - in my opinion - for their existence. Yes, they are "fun", but I think we are going to have to consider that losing a bit of "fun" is better than losing everything, ala Australia, etc.

(2) Magazine size - let's get reasonable (yes, I know, bad word) and cap it at 20 rounds, period, nation-wide. Basically for the same reason as above. Any new mag law should specifically exempt all .22RF arms. "Magazine dump" may be a colorful statement, but it really has no place in civilian firearms usage.

(3) Let's clean up the language about "sawed-off shotguns" - and address the end result. If it is illegal for Billy Bob to whack one in his garage, then it should be illegal for an arms manufacturer to produce and sell basically the same thing. I would think that the end objective would be to keep such very short arms off the street, no matter who makes them.

I could go on an on, but the above will produce enough flaming for awhile.

*those alone will, sadly, alienate many here.