Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    Where do we start?
    National gun registration shot down?
    Municipal bans ordered lifted?
    Reimportation of milsurps?
    All 50 States now have concealed carry?
    We still have our semi autos and are no longer limited to 10 rounds on a national level?
    We can still reload?

A very long list, but those are the things I thought of as just soon as I read your question.
    Interesting list.

So am I to understand these items actually came in front of the congress, made it out of a committee, and then were voted down? (Of course, I know that any laws that may have been overturned by a federal court did not get a "vote".) I must admit that I don't believe some proposal by an elected official being interviewed on television is a real attempt at passing laws. In fact, often times it is just an effort to get some microphone time on the television and create a sound bite for the evening news.

I will concede that I was thinking on a federal level. I recognize that sometimes they lose on the local level. In fact, I participate in those events as often as I can. However, I suspect that the folks on the other side of the country don't really benefit from what we do here in our own little corner of the country.

Please understand I am not trying to change the topic of discussion. I just think that me taking someone to the range and letting them shoot my guns doesn't mean they "lost" *(assuming they enjoyed the experience), when we were discussing rather guns were good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hosmer View Post
    Well, we are going to get f**ked over this one way or another, why not get kissed too?

You know, there IS a limit to how many of these events that the general public is going to take without going totally batsh*t crazy. SOME common-ground agreement has to be reached, and some (truly) minor things may have to be given up. That does NOT mean I espouse taking anyone's guns! We're only talking about a relatively new accessory that was most ill-advised to begin with. No thinking person should ever have purchased one. As was pointed out, if you feel the need to spray with your AR, the knack of letting the rifle bounce against your trigger finger is apparently not too hard to acquire.

You do know that the pressure for a Constitutional Convention is gathering momentum, right? And you do know that, at such a convention, the WHOLE document is open for discussion, right, not just one particular grievance? It would be nice to have such a convention under a more unified feeling than we have now. Togor had it right, about pulling a domino out of the lineup. The hardnose "from my cold dead hands" guys are, IMHO, at least part of the problem - in fact, I see them as the primary bump-stock buyers.
    Dick, you are talking sense, which will probably get you a lot of hostile comment. My own thought is, if the gun-owning "community" cannot/will not find a way to police its members' behavior, then government will. There's a limit to this kind of s**T and that limit may have just been crossed.

All I want is to shoot targets, hunt elk, "recycle" tin cans, collect milsurps and have some fun with the black powder guns. I can see some benefit in making it VERY hard to get a rifle that will fire 20 or 30 aimed shots as fast as you can pull the trigger, or a handgun with a 17-shot magazine.

As you said, there IS a limit.

jn

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jon_norstog View Post
    Dick, you are talking sense, which will probably get you a lot of hostile comment. My own thought is, if the gun-owning "community" cannot/will not find a way to police its members' behavior, then government will. There's a limit to this kind of s**T and that limit may have just been crossed.

All I want is to shoot targets, hunt elk, "recycle" tin cans, collect milsurps and have some fun with the black powder guns. I can see some benefit in making it VERY hard to get a rifle that will fire 20 or 30 aimed shots as fast as you can pull the trigger, or a handgun with a 17-shot magazine.

As you said, there IS a limit.

jn
    thats all fine and dandy until someone looks at you and says "that black powder is a nasty dangerous explosive, maybe we should make it harder to get"!!

Quote Originally Posted by leftyo View Post
    thats all fine and dandy until someone looks at you and says "that black powder is a nasty dangerous explosive, maybe we should make it harder to get"!!
    It's already kind of hard to get. Fortunately I have the recipe.

jn

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Shapiro View Post
    Dick:
    NAILED IT!

Just like "Fast and Furious", Obama Inc. was just laying the groundwork.

Never thought of that. Thank you for pointing it out.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy