Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hosmer View Post
    Well, we are going to get f**ked over this one way or another, why not get kissed too?

You know, there IS a limit to how many of these events that the general public is going to take without going totally batsh*t crazy. SOME common-ground agreement has to be reached, and some (truly) minor things may have to be given up. That does NOT mean I espouse taking anyone's guns! We're only talking about a relatively new accessory that was most ill-advised to begin with. No thinking person should ever have purchased one. As was pointed out, if you feel the need to spray with your AR, the knack of letting the rifle bounce against your trigger finger is apparently not too hard to acquire.

You do know that the pressure for a Constitutional Convention is gathering momentum, right? And you do know that, at such a convention, the WHOLE document is open for discussion, right, not just one particular grievance? It would be nice to have such a convention under a more unified feeling than we have now. Togor had it right, about pulling a domino out of the lineup. The hardnose "from my cold dead hands" guys are, IMHO, at least part of the problem - in fact, I see them as the primary bump-stock buyers.
    Sir. I never paid attention to what a bump stock was until this massacre in Vegas. You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine, but I am a hardnose "from my dead hands guy and I don't own a bump stock.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

Quote Originally Posted by m1ashooter View Post
    Sir. I never paid attention to what a bump stock was until this massacre in Vegas. You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine, but I am a hardnose "from my dead hands guy and I don't own a bump stock.
    Your point is well taken. I should have said "some". Carelessly tarring with a broad brush has its' pitfalls. Of course, the reverse can be true - not all of those who seek some sanity in this matter are spineless wimps. It is a just a matter of where the line is drawn.

Your point is well taken. I should have said "some". Carelessly tarring with a broad brush has its' pitfalls. Of course, the reverse can be true - not all of those who seek some sanity in this matter are spineless wimps. It is a just a matter of where the line is drawn.
    Thank you sir.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

SOME common-ground agreement has to be reached, and some (truly) minor things may have to be given up. .
    Please give me ONE example where the anti-gun folks have compromised and given us anything? I can't think of a thing

You also seem to forget who frames "common sense" in this argument. Because common sense says no one should have a military type rifle. Why does a common citizen need to run around with military guns? What kind of crazed Rambo are you that you need that kind of firepower.

Are you familiar with the term "boil the frog" - this is an example - and you are leading the charge into the pot

It might be time to start selling the gun collection - because with gun enthousiasts leading the charge to outlaw themselves - it won't be long before my collection is worthless

Steve

Some of you guys are missing the point. There is no compromise. WE get rid of a bad idea before THEY do. If THEY try, they'll pile it on and the critters on the Hill will get rid of more just to get rid of 'bump fire'.
    Then all of us will look like the bad guys. Fighting to keep our semi-autos and magazine capacities while having to defend bump fire in the same collective basket.

Dump the bump now. Then fight them on separate issues later. If we don't do this we'll lose more. The only "compromise" they will give us from their bundle are the things THEY are smart enough to think they can win on later. I can almost promise you that so long as that device is easily available the general public will be against us. We need to look like the educated gentlemen and ladies we are, instead of some ill tempered toothless fist clenching camo-clad losers screaming the same tired old rhetoric into the news camera. You've seen the type. The kind the media always seeks out to hold up as an example of the gun lobby.

So, make up your mind. Defend bump now and get ready to lose something else in the heat of the battle. Or, take the wind out of their sails and force them to rehash issues they have already lost.
    Last edited by JB White; 10-06-2017 at 10:11.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post

snip . . .

force them to rehash issues they have already lost.
    Could you please give a few examples of "issues they have already lost"?

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    Some of you guys are missing the point. There is no compromise. WE get rid of a bad idea before THEY do. If THEY try, they'll pile it on and the critters on the Hill will get rid of more just to get rid of 'bump fire'.
    Then all of us will look like the bad guys. Fighting to keep our semi-autos and magazine capacities while having to defend bump fire in the same collective basket.

Dump the bump now. Then fight them on separate issues later. If we don't do this we'll lose more. The only "compromise" they will give us from their bundle are the things THEY are smart enough to think they can win on later. I can almost promise you that so long as that device is easily available the general public will be against us. We need to look like the educated gentlemen and ladies we are, instead of some ill tempered toothless fist clenching camo-clad losers screaming the same tired old rhetoric into the news camera. You've seen the type. The kind the media always seeks out to hold up as an example of the gun lobby.

So, make up your mind. Defend bump now and get ready to lose something else in the heat of the battle. Or, take the wind out of their sails and force them to rehash issues they have already lost.
    Very well put, JB. SOME of these camo-jockeys are, in their blathering short-sighted ignorance, doing us a LOT of harm. Just because I don't particularly care for black rifles, does not mean that I think they should be outlawed, registered, or much of anything else. This bump-stock sh*t is something else, however. Unfortunately, it was allowed to proceed (anyone else think BHO's boys LET it happen, figuring that an LV of some kind would someday occur) which would ultimately further their agenda? Never forget that we were "supposed" to have at least eight more years of leftist oppression. Maybe they figured they had time to let things stew? Surprise! A (relatively) pro-gun president, with two strongly pro-gun sons. Neil Gorsuch! Oooops!
    Last edited by Dick Hosmer; 10-06-2017 at 11:11.

Dick:
    NAILED IT!

Just like "Fast and Furious", Obama Inc. was just laying the groundwork.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Shapiro View Post
    Dick:
    NAILED IT!

Just like "Fast and Furious", Obama Inc. was just laying the groundwork.
    he did, but he still cant see this is all an end around!

Quote Originally Posted by USMilitaryGuy View Post
    Could you please give a few examples of "issues they have already lost"?
    Where do we start?
    National gun registration shot down?
    Municipal bans ordered lifted?
    Reimportation of milsurps?
    All 50 States now have concealed carry?
    We still have our semi autos and are no longer limited to 10 rounds on a national level?
    We can still reload?

A very long list, but those are the things I thought of as just soon as I read your question.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**