Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vegas

Just read the BATF letter on this stock and it appears the BATF has no jurisdiction over it as it is a part and not a weapon. Interesting read from 2010.
    Sam

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    Just read the BATF letter on this stock and it appears the BATF has no jurisdiction over it as it is a part and not a weapon. Interesting read from 2010.
    Sam
    that is correct, and the atf has no issue with it because even with it installed a semi automatic firearm still only fires ONCE per pull of the trigger. havent see any of you guys notice the 100rnd magazine that was stuffed into one of those rifles we have seen from the murderers room. so how long do you all think it is before the libs turn form the bump stock to the magazine capacity again? im sure none of you have a problem with a 10rnd limit again, heck maybe it will be 5 this time! heck they probably wont even grand father in what you already own. we have been down the ban road before , and got lucky. i guarantee the libtard democrats learned from their last try.
    Last edited by leftyo; 10-04-2017 at 04:55.

3. Default

I have no problem with a 10 round magazine limit-as a mostly "Bullseye" shooter I usually load only 5-but that is MY decision, I don't need to be dictated to by some bureaucrat. If other shooters want them.....

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    Sam
    To me, at least in this case, that is a distinction without a difference.

The point raised about the gun still being "just" a semi-automatic is technically true, but mounting the stock clearly implies that semi-auto isn't what the person had in mind. That stock was designed for one purpose and one purpose only, a blatant, in-your-face work-around to the NFA. Bully, they got it to market and made a few thousand bucks. Weigh that against the cost in lives, and future grief for us all. I hope the designer(s) is/are really proud of themselves.

Dick, I have to agree with you this was an "invention" that should have gone to file 13. Problem is the genie is out of the bottle and how do we put the darn thing back in? If I was a retailer I would pull the awful things and see if the manufacturer would take them back. Too many shysters out there with the "Should have know" mentality and a penchant of filing lawsuits. There are 58 souls who no longer are among us and that is a pity. Life has no guarantee of safety and the only life manual I know of is the KJV/NLI. One thing for certain, Ken certainly provided us with a lively topic with many learned opinions. Now if Ken would only provide some winning lottery numbers along with where and when to play that would be most entertaining and beneficial.
    Sam

leftyo Guest

come on guys. long before this stock was ever thought of people hooked their friggen finger in the trigger and bumpfired the gun without anything else needed. you going to ban fingers too?!!! just to make another point, even if it is banned, outlawed, demonized, do you think its going to stop some nutbag crazy sumbitch from going in his garage and making his own in about 15 minutes or so regardless of any goddamned law! it is already against the law to murder people, didnt seem to stop this guy, do you think another law, and another item taken away from good honest people is going to stop someone form doing something like this again? if you do, your a liberal!
    Last edited by leftyo; 10-04-2017 at 07:09.

You guys are amazing - you want a PR win? You want to "look good"

You are going to look gorgeous standing in line to turn in your guns.... Wear your pretty shoes when you stop by to talk about the good old days when we were allowed single shot shotguns (with steel shot) - you remember back in 2017 when we made society safe once and for all.

Steve

You are going to look gorgeous standing in line to turn in your guns.... Wear your pretty shoes when you stop by to talk about the good old days when we were allowed single shot shotguns (with steel shot) - you remember back in 2017 when we made society safe once and for all.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by dobek View Post

Steve
    Well, we are going to get f**ked over this one way or another, why not get kissed too?

You know, there IS a limit to how many of these events that the general public is going to take without going totally batsh*t crazy. SOME common-ground agreement has to be reached, and some (truly) minor things may have to be given up. That does NOT mean I espouse taking anyone's guns! We're only talking about a relatively new accessory that was most ill-advised to begin with. No thinking person should ever have purchased one. As was pointed out, if you feel the need to spray with your AR, the knack of letting the rifle bounce against your trigger finger is apparently not too hard to acquire.

You do know that the pressure for a Constitutional Convention is gathering momentum, right? And you do know that, at such a convention, the WHOLE document is open for discussion, right, not just one particular grievance? It would be nice to have such a convention under a more unified feeling than we have now. Togor had it right, about pulling a domino out of the lineup. The hardnose "from my cold dead hands" guys are, IMHO, at least part of the problem - in fact, I see them as the primary bump-stock buyers.

leftyo Guest

that mentality is exactly how we ended up with the clinton gun ban of 94!