Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Guessing a Bump Fire Device

Heard some of the audio out of Las Vegas. Rate of fire sounds like he was using a bump fire device to spray rounds into the crowd from a big magazine. Bad bad situation, terrible tragedy.

leftyo Guest

why would you presume such a thing. he could have also illegally modified his weapons. its a horrible thing, no need to start with the unknown BS!

Quote Originally Posted by leftyo View Post
    why would you presume such a thing. he could have also illegally modified his weapons. its a horrible thing, no need to start with the unknown BS!
    Just going by the rate of fire and duration. Bump device a lot simpler to install than a sear mod. Maybe they'll tell us, maybe they won't. Sorry if I don't sit quietly by while waiting for some anti-gun reporter who doesn't know firearms to give me the story.

leftyo Guest

no instead your gonna make crap up yourself! way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by leftyo View Post
    no instead your gonna make crap up yourself! way to go!
    Chill out! This crowd can handle a discussion without losing it. At least I think they can.

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    Chill out! This crowd can handle a discussion without losing it. At least I think they can.
    no, you know they cant. better yet you should be smart enough not to fuel fear, and get the anti gun crap riled up with speculation! more than likely its going to get bad enough without lighting the fire here!

Togor, the rate of fire is only distorted background noise in iPhone video. How are you able to distinguish a bump fire from select fire or Full auto when you don't know the weapon involved and the cyclic rate?
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    Togor, the rate of fire is only distorted background noise in iPhone video. How are you able to distinguish a bump fire from select fire or Full auto when you don't know the weapon involved and the cyclic rate?
    JB maybe the audio I heard was clearer. Don't know. Don't feel like arguing, will pray for the victims.

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    JB maybe the audio I heard was clearer. Don't know. Don't feel like arguing, will pray for the victims.
    I'll go along with you there. To be honest, I was so taken back by this all I hadn't even thought about a bump fire or trigger crank device until you mentioned it. I only knew it was quick. As it stands, the only ones who know (for now) are the investigators and possibly a few on scene police officers if they recognized what they found in the shooters room. Time will tell us if you're WAG is right.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Come on now, we all know it will be reported as a full auto AR15 style assault rifle ,that everyone can buy at their local gunshow , and the NRA fully supports.