Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

With indexing fixtures in place, Badger Ordnance in this case, proceed to tighten receiver on barrel until desired index is attained. This particular level is good to one tenth of a degree so that is good enough for my stuff.

I use the same level and move it from front to back and adjust the barrel index until they are equal.

Next is setting the op rod guide. I like to dimple the barrel in the area the guide is going to live using a nice sharp center punch.

Tap the guide in place using my 100+ year old chunk of brass pipe. Drive the set pin in place.

Toss on the remaining small parts and we have 3 rifles ready for finish reaming and then a little wood. Should be ready to take out on the range tomorrow.
    Time to watch a movie with the boss.
    Made a good morning and part of the afternoon project anyway.

Semper Fi
    Art

4. Default

Nice write-up, thanks for taking the time.

Thanks. Hopefully more guys will see that it is not rocket science and do some for themselves.

Finished them up this morning. Headspaced and ready for the range tomorrow.

Pull through reamer oiled up and ready to do it's thing. Set these at just about 1.633.

Got the gang of GI heeled rifles to stand still long enough for a photo. 2 Winchesters and 1 of each of the others.

Semper Fi
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    Thanks. Hopefully more guys will see that it is not rocket science and do some for themselves.
    Not rocket science perhaps but one shouldn't underestimate the power of a sharp eye and skilled hands. Love the rifles, if you want to sell one, LOL, drop me a PM!

Got out a played a bit with the Hi Lux setup on my TRW/Bula with standard profile barrel in GI walnut stock. I can see this scope is going to take a little practice on my part to get it down. Not like the 25 pwr ones I am used to.
    Target on right is start 10 rnd grp , at least it was on paper at 100. The left target is the final one. Talk about over correction on the elevation knob. Went from low 2 to up 2 before I found home. Any how when it settled down there are 7 strikes in the red X. This is with XM118 LR LC 13.

Semper Fi
    Art

Outstanding write-up!
    Art has re-barrelled several of mine since I sold my vice and wrench years ago thinking I had enough M14s at the time (5). Unfortunately, finances required thinning down that heard to just one, and since I'm back up to three.
    Semper-Fi! Hawk
    USMC 71 - 73
    [url]www.sparrowhawkm14.com[/url]
    [url]www.m14br.com[/url]