Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I just checked and Midway has three brands of the .38 LSWCHP in stock including the Winchester but not the Remington.

An outfit called Target Sports has the Remington. It's still out there. One of those vintage loads that's so good it refused to die.

This is an interesting vid. on snubby ammunition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ru1SldF5BM

A little disclaimer on "boutique" ammunition. It's expensive small batch stuff and is sometimes looked askance at by people like me who remember "Super Vel" and their quality control issues. I have shot Buffalo Bore .38 Super Automatic because it duplicates the original ballistics (1300-1325 fps. with a 125 gr. jhp.) The Buffalo Bore +P .38 special SWCHP duplicates the old .38 Special High Velocity designed for the old .38-44 N Frame Outdoorsman which is the direct ancestor of the .357 Magnum driving 158 gr. lead bullets at 1100 fps from a 4" barrel. These should only be used with modern firearms, obviously. I once shot some .38 Special H.V. from a Chief's Special. It was NOT fun.

Yes, I do like Paul Harrell videos.
    Last edited by Art; 07-28-2018 at 01:58.

3. Default

I have a 2 3/4" Ruger stainless SS in which I use a max load of WW296 behind a 125 gr jacketed hollow point (Speer I think) and when fired it will literally lift the ear protectors off your head. I once belonged to a club that had a covered outdoor pistol range. We had one member who used to love to shoot his 4" 44 S&W Magnum to drive people off the pistol range. A cylinder full of 357's from my Ruger made him cry uncle.

Same load in a Magnaported 4" Ruger Service Six. Similar effect with H110. Guys thought I was shooting a 41 mag at first.

I did have one that would've made you cry uncle. 10" TC Contender in 223 Rem. Factory loads would not only make you shudder, but the muzzle flash was bright white and about the size of a 55 gallon drum.
    Those factory & surplus loads were to see "What if....?" That was definitely a handloaded weapon when accuracy was called for.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**