Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Chicago cop disciplined for supporting America

Cop (left) is under the microscope and facing discipline/official reprimand for posting a counter photo to the three (right) taking a knee during the Bears/Steelers game. It's OK to wear the Sanctuary City..er, Chicago flag on the uniform though.

If there was trouble on my street I know which one I would want to show up.
    Last edited by JB White; 09-29-2017 at 02:51.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

dear God. it get's worse every day. I don't understand what they are protesting?

Chicago PD like most have a policy that one can not post pictures in uniform in conjunction with political speech of any kind. It remains to be seen if it will be enforced fairly. The female in the right photo is not a police officer. She is an activist that walked into a precinct and asked Officers of color pointed questions, when she found these two they agreed for a photo op. My prediction is all three will be disciplined to some degree or other. If they want to protest I'd suggest the rising slaughter of citizens within their city.

"...don't understand what they are protesting..." Kind of suspect they don't either. However, The Donald has been arguing with the arrested adolescents, who get paid millions of dollars to play a children's game, protesting racial inequality. He said they should be fired if they disrespect the U.S. Flag.
    "...the three..." Who are displaying a Black Power salute from the 60's. Kind of odd considering Chicago PD's history.
    Spelling and grammar count!

What policy is he braking by stating he stands for our flag, supports our President and supports the Constitution. That's not political that's being a loyal American citizen. The other three are making a political statement.

So, some Chicago cops are protesting police brutality? Hahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaa! Well, they should know something about it! Add to that the two (black) cops "taking a knee" in protest of cops targeting blacks! Are they protesting themselves? Gotta love Chitcago PD- a street gang with uniforms.
    I dream of a better world. One where chickens may cross the road without their motives being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by swampyankee View Post
    What policy is he braking by stating he stands for our flag, supports our President and supports the Constitution. That's not political that's being a loyal American citizen. The other three are making a political statement.
    I do not know what their policy reads like, but ours strictly forbids supporting any political candidate individually in uniform. It also restricts photographs in uniform on social media without approval. Because he used the word "president", which may have been by design, it could be construed as a general statement. I think that gets him past supporting an individual. I still think his command staff will have an issue with it because he is in uniform posting on social media. The other two with the activist are going to be disciplined without a doubt. Just my opinion...
    Last edited by p246; 09-29-2017 at 02:40.

I do think there is a policy in place. The uniform. The squad car. A long while back a pair of policemen got into trouble for letting girls pose for pics while sitting on the marked car.
    What gets me is the public opinion being voiced and the media messages being delivered by some local reporters. Hailing the protesting cops but labeling the patriot as some sort of white supremacist.

From a friend this morning:

"I heard the Chicago Police will be changing the tone of their sirens. They will now play the National Anthem, thus causing fleeing suspects to stop and take a knee."

You should of picked your own cotton, it would of been a lot less trouble.

KTK