Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Sodomy, the Lash....

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...oralized-crew/

At'll teach 'em.

Sorry folks but, am I being a bit critical of the recipients?

The Navy used to have a film on the UCMJ. In one scene, a Master at Arms is standing in front of a cell door, picking the raisins out of raisin bread. "I got my orders. This guy is on bread and water."

leftyo Guest

we used to have a saying, "liberty is secured until morale improves".

I once spent quite a bit of time in the field with nothing but MREs and water - so I suppose it could have been worse for them.

As some of you probably know, MREs don't even have bread.

It's only for three days, only administered to E-3 and below, only done aboard ship, and before the sentence can be administered, the awardee must have had a physical exam done in sick bay. Not only that but, the awardee can have all the bread and water he wants........there is no limit as to how much he can eat.

In the Navy, it's called "piss and punk" and we didn't see many repeat offenders. It was a very effective punishment for young, misguided, non-rated sailors.
    Last edited by Oyaji; 10-10-2017 at 08:38.

6. Default

I think there are some MREs now that have a ration of bread.

Quote Originally Posted by jaie5070 View Post
    I think there are some MREs now that have a ration of bread.
    Some MREs have bread like "Snack Bread" but it is nothing like a slice of bread.

http://www.mreinfo.com/mres/mre-menus/mre-menus-2016/

The "crackers" listed in the MRE menus are old-fashioned hard tack. My grandfather was in the Navy during the Boxer Rebellion -- he sailed on the USS Ohio, which despite having steam engines also had sails. He had many stories, including about knocking the hard tack on the rim of your plate to knock the weevils out.

"...old-fashioned hard tack..." That'd be a small loaf of really stale bread. Not like a cracker at all. A cracker is softer. Still available in some places.
    "...using bread and water to punish junior sailors..." Would very likely create a 'cruel and unusual punishment' case for said boat people led by the ACLU. Thinking you need to resort to such measures indicates poor leadership skills.
    Spelling and grammar count!

If you want to see old fashioned hard tack, look at a "cracker" from a C-ration.