Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Scott View Post
    How was your trip to Williamsburg? What impressed you the most? Did you all have a good time?
    We had a great time. I enjoyed Colonial Williamsburg the most out of the group but history is my thing. The man speaking at the gunsmith shop was very knowledgeable and he and my son had a long discussion that was interesting. My wife enjoyed Jamestown the most because of the old glass kiln still in use. We got to board the Susan Constance and Godspeed, but the 3rd ship was gone. Everyone liked Yorktown and at the end of the tour we ate at a nice spot on the pier. My wife tried raw oysters for the first time and reportedly the last.

We also went to Virginia Beach one day. I spent the morning with one daughter and son in law and we went to tour the USS Wisconsin. The museum there was also very good. Once done we met the rest of the family on the beach. There was a lot of activity at the airfield near by and we got to see a lot of FA 18s taking off and landing.

There was a lot of other stuff I wanted to do but as always we ran out of time. All in all I enjoyed it immensely. With all the kids grown and successfully launched it funny how hard it is to get them in one place for 7 days.

So glad to hear. Next time try to vist the aviation museum (link below) ; they aren't too far from where you saw the F-18s at Oceana. I sent my daughters up in a 1941 Stearman for a 30 minute ride. They loved it.

And of course the Mariners Museum in Newport News which is restoring the turret of the USS Monitor.

http://www.militaryaviationmuseum.org

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Scott View Post
    So glad to hear. Next time try to vist the aviation museum (link below) ; they aren't too far from where you saw the F-18s at Oceana. I sent my daughters up in a 1941 Stearman for a 30 minute ride. They loved it.

And of course the Mariners Museum in Newport News which is restoring the turret of the USS Monitor.

http://www.militaryaviationmuseum.org
    Thanks for the tip. There is so much to do in that area. Great place to vacation.

Sounds as though you had a good time. Those vacations are always the best.
    Curious as it came up earlier...How much time did you spend in the Colonial section? One day? Day and a half??
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**