Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Vacation Williamsburg Va

Next week my wife and all three adult kids are meeting in Williamsburg for a weeks vacation. It will be the first time all of us have been together since Jan of 2012 when the youngest left home after enlisting. The older two had already successfully launched. I was wondering if anyone could suggest any of the local attractions or more importantly which ones to avoid. Thanks in advance.

Williamsburg Winery is a fine place to visit. Great food, wine, and lodging if you care to stay there a day or two. The wife and I are planning a day trip out that way next week, and are considering a trip to Jamestown or Colonial Williamsburg. Went to both places as a kid and my memory of both are that they are both well worth re-visiting.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    Williamsburg Winery is a fine place to visit. Great food, wine, and lodging if you care to stay there a day or two. The wife and I are planning a day trip out that way next week, and are considering a trip to Jamestown or Colonial Williamsburg. Went to both places as a kid and my memory of both are that they are both well worth re-visiting.

Steve
    This Jamestown and Colonial Williamsburg were on the list. The winery as been added. It looks like there is some hiking offered there we will try some of that to.

Colonial Williamsburg has a decent web site along with a map. I haven't been there in a long time but my neighbors a few doors down were there four or five weeks ago.
    Not every represented trade is exactly "native" to the area but they are correct for the period. I liked the foundry and the blacksmith shop. They had a working gunsmith there too. My neighbors enjoy eateries and boutiques etc. yet we both have fond memories. (I've been told the glassblower is no longer)
    No matter what you see there I'm betting you'll have a great time.
    Last edited by JB White; 09-26-2017 at 04:29.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by p246 View Post
    Next week my wife and all three adult kids are meeting in Williamsburg for a weeks vacation. It will be the first time all of us have been together since Jan of 2012 when the youngest left home after enlisting. The older two had already successfully launched. I was wondering if anyone could suggest any of the local attractions or more importantly which ones to avoid. Thanks in advance.
    My wife and I are planning a trip there specifically to visit the Colonial Village.

I was just there in April for our son's USCG A School graduation at USCG Training Center Yorktown. Besides Jamestown and Colonial Williamsburg you can take the Colonial Parkway and hop over to Yorktown. Tour the battle field, eat at a place called the Pub on the waterfront and see the new museum. You might get lucky and see a class of Coasties on the run through the area.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

Blog Entries

do the reserve tasting with the tour, much better than the 'regular' tasting

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post

Steve

Thanks for all the ideas, hopefully we are in for a great week.

When we have guests visiting I always drive up route 5 to visit the old plantation homes. President John Tyler's home for example. We live 15 minutes from Williamsburg. You can also visit Busch Gardens. Not sure if they still have tours of the Anheuser Busch (InBev) brewery.

Check out wydaily.com for a local insight as to whats going on...

You won,t be far from Norfolk, Hampton Roads....Virginia Beach...
    Plenty to see depending upon your preferences.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**