Default Pattern 1907 hooked Quillan bayonet

I would have to say that this is my favorite bayonet. It was found by a friend in the late 1990's at a
    small gun show in Wisconsin mixed in with some Japanese bayonets, he bought right away. A few
    years later he sold it to me.

Unit markings are DT over R.389 and the scabbard is AC '11 (A. Cooper) dscn1099.jpgdscn1100.jpgP1010029_0025.jpgP1010030_0020.jpgP1010027_0024.jpg
    Last edited by RCS; 08-23-2018 at 02:22.

Wow! Nice score. I wonder where that one was hiding for so long? If it had the Pall Mall on it then it could easily be attributed to an officer's purchase. But it doesn't.
    I suppose it didn't come with a MkI scabbard and a P'08 frog, or you'd be showing off some very serious eye candy there.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

JB, the scabbard is has a tear drop stud and dated 1911 ('11) from AC Cooper (Birmingham)

Do not know how a pre war bayonet in this condition could have survived.

Unit marking are 39th Foot Dorsetshire Regiment

Nice to hear you already traced it. I doubt that came in a cosmo packed surplus crate. Likely a bringback of sorts. Say....perhaps someone took it while taking the King's Shilling? Stayed hidden for a generation or two before the kids sold it to a Yank.

Those small shows in WI. I always had good luck at those as a vendor. Not so much as a patron with flatlander/FIB ID's.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**