Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    It absorbs the shock of the slide coming back and transferring to the rear sight. Just a little thing but I think it's a good idea. Also, keep an eye on the front sight those came loose. If it does loosen up clean up the slot with degreaser and glue with red locktite.

Just noticed your pistol was made in 1973 those had very good quality control.
    That's makes sense. As always thanks for the heads up and advise. I have stuff ordered, should all be their when we get back from vacation. The plan is hopefully to address any known issues then have some fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    "...pull the collet bushing..." Been using one for 35-40 years with no fuss.
    "...collets break because of how they are machined..." They're odd shaped springs. They break because they're abused just like any spring.
    Any Series 70 becomes a Gold Cup with a trigger job, a match barrel and good sights. Sights like your's.
    I was torn on replacing the collet bushing because many ran just fine. I primarily decided to replace it just to keep the original as is. I've hard fit several from EGW and have had good results. I will probably never sell this one and will pass it on to one of the kids, but wanted all the original parts. The trigger in this gun will be hard to get use to, but it is a work of art none the less. I wonder how the new CNC guns compare to the older well fit guns.