Default Some U.S. Bayonets

Long time collecting.Bayo.19.jpg20.2.jpg

Long time collecting? That collection is beyond anything I've see outside of a decent museum. When did you start? What can you tell us about the bayonets in the two photos? One of the short 03 type cloth covered sheaths looks to be about like the older WWI era full length sheaths. Is it a standard item, or was it some sort of a experimental sheath? Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

hyrax222:
    Thanks for posting that! Showed the pictures to my wife, telling her, "See, I'm not so compulsive after all!"
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Nice collection.

That's a nice way to display them.

Cleanest 1910 canvass scabbard I've ever seen. Thanks for posting the gaggle of them.

Bruce-
    I have been accumulating US bayonets since the early 1980's but not seriously until the 1990's@? I assure you there are more extensive collections around...
    Represented are all known manufactures (that I am aware of) of the M1905, M1 and M1917 bayonets with a few oddities and variations thrown in. Too much info to list here. All in excellent to mint condition. Only one slightly sharpened.
    I am not sure of the the scabbard you are referring to. Perhaps you could tell me, long bayo. display or short bayo. display and what number from top (or bottom)?

Your comments are appreciated!

Alas, the wife will probably use them for staking up the tomatoes when I'm gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Shapiro View Post
    hyrax222:
    Thanks for posting that! Showed the pictures to my wife, telling her, "See, I'm not so compulsive after all!"
    Dan-

Do not tell the wife what they are worth (like I stupidly did)! She will want you to sell some to buy that new front load wash machine...

With WIlde Tool M1905's selling at over $1000 now on Ebay, I could not afford to start collecting these now.

Thanks to all for the thoughtfull comments. I am glad some folks appreciate these storied relics (and the solders that carried them)!