To start with a little background ... I did shoot competitively. I shot NRA High Power... made Expert with the M1 before moving on to the AR 15 and Camp Perry .

But I loved Smallbore the most ... 100 yds on your belly in a sling seemed so much more difficult that centerfire at 600 yds ....

This past year I told the wife that even though the eyes are failing hard I'm gonna do it.... I'm gonna make a comeback ..... she rolled her eyes ...

So after a hard hunt I found and purchased an absolutely pristine barely used safe queen Anschutz 1413 made in 1976 with all the original accoutrements. I mean this is the one ... this rifle can take me back to those wonderfull and happy glory days of "belly matches".

When I got it home I quickly dusted off the old Champions Choice shooting coat and spread the old shooting mat out on the living room floor.... the wife rolled her eyes.

I got slung in and adjusted the sling and butt to some old familiar positions. Once I got it all set to what I remembered and rolled into position snug and tight ... it happened.

I tweeked a friggin muscle just below the left shoulder blade and its been total agony for three weeks.

I still haven't shot this rifle prone... and though the 1413 is difficult to shoot from the bench .... it does show some serious promise .

But maybe at my age I should just stick to my CMP 40x.... or get a CZ and try my hand at silhouette...