Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To all guests

Maybe some good will come of bringing all of this out into the open. I hope our message gets through to those who are more interested in non-shooting topics and they will confine their discussion to the appropriate pages. Let the rest of us have the pages that were originally devoted to our hobby which is everything related to shooting.

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Howard View Post
    The knowledgeable, and cordial, old timers that made the forum are getting on in years. Many are occupied with other concerns, or have passed away. Numbers of newer members are not interested in confronting the trolls that are active here. Our hobby is suffering from a lack of easily available shooting locations, as well as our school system that equates an interest in guns with crime. Never the less, members are still here, with questions and input to entertain the rest of us. Please, if you love this hobby, don't hesitate to join in the conversation. The forum was great at one time, and it can be great again. Regards, Clark
    im guessing most dont have the nuts to take on our resident trolls, as the second you stand up for yourself you get the nuthugging butt kissers jumping on you.

Blog Entries

I don't believe taking them on serves any useful purpose but to give them the recognition they seek. I'm not saying their points are not valid, but they will argue with a fence post, on and on.... ad nauseum, and that is what drives people away. I believe the best way to respond to them is to not respond at all. Open the thread, read their response, if you have a burning desire, but do not reply to nor mention it, in your response to the thread. By doing so they are denied the recognition and credence they desire.

One other thing, are we not sure they are not out to destroy this site?

4. Default

What I suggest you do is look back at the posts and find out who actually makes political posts here on "this " forum. ,There are those, like myself, who are very active on the political forum who never make a polital statement on Gun Talk ..... seems that very often those with an opposing viewpoint over there on the political forum are blamed for the crap here ... anyway....

here's what I just posted on the Small Bore Forum .... enjoy ... or argue about it ...

Reliving the past ...

To start with a little background ... I did shoot competitively. I shot NRA High Power... made Expert with the M1 before moving on to the AR 15 and Camp Perry .

But I loved Smallbore the most ... 100 yds on your belly in a sling seemed so much more difficult than centerfire at 600 yds ....

This past year I told the wife that even though the eyes are failing hard I'm gonna do it.... I'm gonna make a comeback ..... she rolled her eyes ...

So after a hard hunt I found and purchased an absolutely pristine barely used safe queen Anschutz 1413 made in 1976 with all the original accoutrements. I mean this is the one ... this rifle can take me back to those wonderfull and happy glory days of "belly matches".

When I got it home I quickly dusted off the old Champions Choice shooting coat and spread the old shooting mat out on the living room floor.... the wife rolled her eyes.

I got slung in and adjusted the sling and butt to some old familiar positions. Once I got it all set to what I remembered and rolled into position snug and tight ... it happened.

I tweeked a friggin muscle just below the left shoulder blade and its been total agony for three weeks.

I still haven't shot this rifle prone... and though the 1413 is difficult to shoot from the bench .... it does show some serious promise .

But maybe at my age I should just stick to my CMP 40x.... or get a CZ and try my hand at silhouette...
    Last edited by Sandpebble; 09-22-2017 at 05:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    As I write this message, there are 20 members and 112 guests visiting Jouster2. Traffic on the more popular gun pages has slowed to a trickle since July when Jouster was abandoned. We now often go weeks without a new thread.

I'd like to encourage all our guests who regularly view our forum to register with Jouster2 and become an active member. Bring us your knowledge. Tell us about your rifles, pistols, bayonets, etc. Ask us questions to increase your own knowledge. Learn how to post pics. As you already know, we have several members who we consider experts in the field of firearms. Some have even authored books on their area of expertise.

Register now and start posting, and welcome.

Merc
    A lot of us "guests" are really members who don't automatically login. I come by - read - and only login when I want to add my .02

Steve

Despite differing opinions, there are costs in time, effort, and expenses in maintaining a active website. Have you contributed money, time, effort, or anything to help the site improve? If you are interested in seeing better times ahead, contact Pat and ask her if she needs help. Simply click on "Support This Site." All the info you need is there.

Thank God for Pat!
    Last edited by RED; 09-22-2017 at 11:44.

I'm still active here and have been for several years. I don't get involved in arguements or pi$$ing contests.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    I'm still active here and have been for several years. I don't get involved in arguements or pi$$ing contests.
    I don't engage in arguments. Like most members, I just want a good fact revealing discussion on things that inform or interest me. With the talented regulars we have, new members should be able to find what ever they're looking for here.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dobek View Post
    A lot of us "guests" are really members who don't automatically login. I come by - read - and only login when I want to add my .02

Steve
    I agree sir. I come on but don't log in. It's like reading the "funnies".

there are currently 1432 active users on rimfire central. not all are dead.