Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To all guests

Default To all guests

As I write this message, there are 20 members and 112 guests visiting Jouster2. Traffic on the more popular gun pages has slowed to a trickle since July when Jouster was abandoned. We now often go weeks without a new thread.

I'd like to encourage all our guests who regularly view our forum to register with Jouster2 and become an active member. Bring us your knowledge. Tell us about your rifles, pistols, bayonets, etc. Ask us questions to increase your own knowledge. Learn how to post pics. As you already know, we have several members who we consider experts in the field of firearms. Some have even authored books on their area of expertise.

Register now and start posting, and welcome.

Merc

Blog Entries

I have noticed that for more than a year the site has been dying. I haunt the reloading, 03, smallbore, on the firing line, M1 forums.
    For 2 years the firing line forum has been dead. In In July it used to be busy with questions and comments getting ready for the nationals at Perry; now, nothing. Reloading; the same thing, not a lot shaking there. Other reloading sites are active daily. Smallbore kinda died when the last of the M44's were sold.
    The M1 forum seems to be for the benefit of collectors or people looking for price checks, proof marks, or serial number information.
    I think all the old regulars have moved on to other forums using other names, or maybe just got tired.
    We used to have question and answer forums about guns and shooting......now it seems we have comment forums that may or may not have something to do with shooting sports. Political hacks and comments only belong on one on these forums and should be limited to only that forum.
    I suspect the old timers got tired of the politics and infighting

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    I have noticed that for more than a year the site has been dying. I haunt the reloading, 03, smallbore, on the firing line, M1 forums.
    For 2 years the firing line forum has been dead. In In July it used to be busy with questions and comments getting ready for the nationals at Perry; now, nothing. Reloading; the same thing, not a lot shaking there. Other reloading sites are active daily. Smallbore kinda died when the last of the M44's were sold.
    The M1 forum seems to be for the benefit of collectors or people looking for price checks, proof marks, or serial number information.
    I think all the old regulars have moved on to other forums using other names, or maybe just got tired.
    We used to have question and answer forums about guns and shooting......now it seems we have comment forums that may or may not have something to do with shooting sports. Political hacks and comments only belong on one on these forums and should be limited to only that forum.
    I suspect the old timers got tired of the politics and infighting
    I agree although the events in July that ended Jouster didn't help. I hope the guests who have been reading the posts on Jouster2 will read this, join and bring the forum a fresh perspective and increase activity. Maybe the forum will return to its roots which was a good exchange of useful information.

I watch the 1903, 1917, revolver, reloading bench, knives and bayonets, SMLE and gun talk. The 1903 page used to be really lively.
    Last edited by Merc; 09-21-2017 at 03:36.

Most of the old timers have moved on to a higher level, I know I almost did. This forum is becoming like the old American Rifleman, once technical and well written. It is now written for an 8th grader and boring. Petty bickering also is involved here.
    Sam

Other forums are also suffering. I don't have an answer either.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    Most of the old timers have moved on to a higher level, I know I almost did. This forum is becoming like the old American Rifleman, once technical and well written. It is now written for an 8th grader and boring. Petty bickering also is involved here.
    Sam
    I hear you, Sam. Some new faces are clearly needed.

The knowledgeable, and cordial, old timers that made the forum are getting on in years. Many are occupied with other concerns, or have passed away. Numbers of newer members are not interested in confronting the trolls that are active here. Our hobby is suffering from a lack of easily available shooting locations, as well as our school system that equates an interest in guns with crime. Never the less, members are still here, with questions and input to entertain the rest of us. Please, if you love this hobby, don't hesitate to join in the conversation. The forum was great at one time, and it can be great again. Regards, Clark

If you are a guest and decide to join our forum, let us know here or on the "Welcome" page that you were influenced by what you read on this thread.

Merc
    Last edited by Merc; 09-22-2017 at 06:22.

I had not realized that so many people were apparently "lost" in the switchover. I just assumed that they had/would all come back. If Pat is running this site, is Gloria running the other, in some sort of parallel universe - or is it dead? I'm thinking that I may not totally understand the situation.

Blog Entries

The problem between Gloria and Pat is just that, their problem, and we as members should keep quiet and not take sides, here on the forum or sub rosa. We, as members, should only be interested in trying to keep this venue interesting and viable. http://www.jouster.com is dead, http://www.jouster2.com, is where you are right now, and most of the old Jouster is available here. We hope that people searching on the shooting sports Q&A and discussion will land here. If you are new to this site, go ahead and post your question or shooting sport discussion. No one of us is as knowledgeable as all of us. I've never seen anyone on these forums that would not try to help or give background info to anyone who asks.

But, I'm afraid that the political hacks posting comments that belong in the "Letters to the Editor" of their local newspaper is a big turn off to new people. We are bombarded with that kind of crap, and argument just for the sake of argument, every time we turn around. Shooting and, for me, reloading, should be enjoyable past times to read and or discuss. Frankly, I'd like to see the "Second Ammendment and Politics" forum removed as it is just "noise" and distraction and invites the kind of dissention we do not need. Go there now....how much of what's there actually concerns shooting sports?