Thread: Selling Airguns

Default Selling Airguns

We are planning a yard sale this weekend with the usual household and garage items. I wish to put on the table my Daisy air rifle and Gamo CO2 revolver. Both are .177 caliber.

Since these are airguns and not firearms, I assume I can legally sell these to any interested public prospective buyer.

I'm not asking for legal advice but am asking if any of you who have been in a similar situation for your opinions. Is my selling these airguns at a yard sale ok? If so, any do's or don't's? Should I not include them in the yard sale?

Would it be better if I took these items to a gunshow vendor or just advertise these for sale, separately, from a yard sale?

I'd appreciate your input in this matter. Thankyou.

I know WM has them on the shelves. You can go by and pick one up and toss it in your cart. State laws may vary but I'm not aware of any restrictions. Common sense would tell you though not to sell one to an unaccompanied child. Otherwise, personally I would sell to anyone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_gun_laws

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I know WM has them on the shelves. You can go by and pick one up and toss it in your cart. State laws may vary but I'm not aware of any restrictions. Common sense would tell you though not to sell one to an unaccompanied child. Otherwise, personally I would sell to anyone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_gun_laws

Thanks, Allen, for your response. I appreciate the wikipedia site and now know what my home state of Delaware considers airguns to be.

I do have the common sense to know that if a baby comes crawling out of the car and up the driveway and points to the airguns and says "ga ga! goo goo", I know to ask him or her to show ID.
    Last edited by tmark; 09-20-2017 at 08:37.

As long as the buyer is from your state you can sell guns in a yard sale. Be good to check local laws, I am talking about the Feds.
    You can never go home again.

I don't know about where you live, but our genius politicians have made air guns over a certain velocity a firearm and must be treated as such. Under that velocity you can buy them at any hardware store, Walmart, etc. without a firearms license.

KTK

Good thing you don't live in Massachusetts, that would be another story.
    Spam Sniper- one click, one kill.

CSP is what you make it.

A picture of your gun is worth 1,000 words. A crappy picture is only worth 100.