Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, wasn't B-52's used with success around some of our posts, as well as C-47 gunships?
    Sam
    Absolutely! It was B52s that put an end to the Tunnels of Ch Chi. It was B52s that broke the "siege" of Khe Sahn. We used them regularly.

"Spooky" was first a C-47 with Gatling guns shooting out the left side and later a C-130, which included a 105mm howitzer. At the battle of Lone Khan (I was at Xuan Loc, division headquarters) a C-47 Spooky shot up all its ammunition, then landed on the airfield under fire to pick up wounded.

I agree Burns "cherry-picked" the vets for their anti-war views, they are not representative of the ones I know. I guess it was easy for some to fall for the victim syndrome when the "baby killer" didn't work. I was disgusted when the marine made light of Jane Fonda, she should have been tried and convicted of treason(in my humble opinion) Unfortunately I agree this will become what people think is the definitive story of the war. RVN 67-68 3/48th Inf. 18th Recon Co. 2/5 Cav 18th Div ARVN

You were an Adviser to 3/48 ARVN Infantry? I was an Adviser to 4/48 at Ap Dung Dap in '66 was also at 18th Div HQ at Xuan Loc in '67.

Yes Dec67-Dec68