Default Desert Eagle reloading

I have a Desert Eagle 44mag. Even with the weight of the gun itself, full house reloads are punishingly sharp. Does anyone know if reduced loads (44 special equivalent) will work the action?
    Thanks a bunch!

If I remember right the Desert Eagle is gas operated so as long as the reduced loads make enough gas to cycle the action you should be OK. But I don't think you may notice a big difference in felt recoil as the loads have to work the action and some starting loads are pretty low velocity wise. Is the felt recoil the same with the reloads as it is with factory ammo?

Only time I've fired a DE was with factory ammo, as I recall. Hard to tell considering all the laughter. Friggin' thing came nowhere near fitting my hand. There wasn't any recoil though.
    What load are you using? You using cast or jacketed bullets? Not that it'll matter much. 240 grain jacketed bullets in Special loads are considerably slower with like powders. Less than 900 FPS with start loads. Less than 1,000 FPS with Max loads. However, like Tuna says as long as there's enough gas to cycle the action you're good.
    You could ask Magnum Research about Specials in a Magnum DE.
    E-Mail: info@magnumresearch.com or phone at 508-635-4271.
    Last edited by Sunray; 09-17-2017 at 09:49.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Maual for my Desert Eagle does not recommend lead bullets because lead may be 'shaved off' in the gas port thus clogging it up. I reload 240gr. JHP that are a tad under maximum. I have large hands enough for a good grip. I emailed Magnum Research, no answer yet, but they will probably say "NO" to reloads. It is a beautiful pistol with a custom cero-kote finish. I hesitate to sell it.

I got an answer from Magnum Research. They said reduced loads will not function the action as the pistol was designed fro full house 44mag loads. They suggested I have a barrel with a with a recoil reducer installed. So, who wants to buy a nice Desert Eagle?