Default Worst 1903 trigger I've ever felt

Today, I received a 1903A3 I bought sight unseen. It has the worst trigger pull I have ever felt on a 1903. Really long creep, followed by and a second stage that is almost not there. About a 4 pound pull. It is supposed to be all GI parts, full military.

I believe the first order of business is to replace the trigger and sear with all new, old stock parts. If that does not work, can anyone suggest a gunsmith near SE Michigan who knows 1903 triggers?

Just fix it. Not rocket surgery, you know.

Trigger and sear for 03-A3 are available at www.ssporters.com for $12/each. Trigger could be worn or the previous owner may have tried to adjust trigger pull and succeeded in making it worse. You'd be better off just replacing the parts and starting fresh.

My own experience - I bought a Remington 03-A3 a while back that went through a rebuild process. It looks great, all Parkerized, shoots well and shows no signs of wear from use, however, it had a nicely Parkerized extractor with hooks that were too badly worn to properly grip the spent case. I suspect the extractor came from a pile of used parts that were "inspected" and deemed fit for further service by the rebuilder. Testing the extractor by trying to pull an empty case was obviously not done. Worn parts in an otherwise unworn rifle are not uncommon and most are easily replaced.
    Last edited by Merc; 09-17-2017 at 03:51.