Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: berry's bullets

1. Default

thanks all for the replies. just wondering, having never used plated wadcutters before.

FWIW, I've used Berry's 158 gr hollow base bullets for a few years now to reload .45 ACP for use plinking and practicing. They seemed to work well enough for that.
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

3. Default

Berry's plated wadcutters aren't worth squat for a Smith Model 52.

I've still got several hundred that work OK in some (heavier than lead match WC) .357 loads, however I don't shoot .357 light loads all that much.

And Double-ended wadcutters, plated OR lead are pretty worthless for accuracy compared to a hollow-base lead wadcutter.
    Last edited by AZshooter; 12-30-2017 at 09:47.

Am using the 125gr FP-CuPltd bullets for .38Spl., over 6.5 gr a HS-6, had reloaded some earlier and was pleased with result.

According to berry's website and carton, max velocity no more that 1250fps, once weather breaks will chronongraph load, using in my revolver.

What i remember from those that had a M52, needed to duplicate the WW 700pfs wadcutter loads for best functioning.

Keep us posted on your results.

5. Default

I never bought them. went with SPEER instead.

I bought 500 before I read any negative comments - especially concerning HK and Glock polygonal barrels. My HK USP40 shoots them just fine: 165 gr with 5 gr of VV N320. Granted, I don't shoot enough, or with such scrutiny, to detect any minor accuracy differences between Berry's and other makers' bullets. Haven't noticed any increase of copper fouling since I started using them either. But, I'm merely a plinker.
    "Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace." - T.R.