Since I have reloaded just about all I can use this upcoming year (and beyond), I needed something to keep my hands busy while waiting for the weather to break and the shooting season to start for me. I started making some jewelry for friends and family. I use Irish 2 pence coins and English farthings with the little wren on it. You'd be surprised how many reloading tools/supplies/techniques I use to accomplish my final product. I first toss the coins in my vibrator with walnut for a couple hours. Then, I soak them in Pro Shot copper solvent overnight (works well since the coins are primarily bronze). Once cleaned up, I blue the coins several times with either Birchwood Casey Perma Blue liquid or paste. This darkens the coins nicely. Then a polish followed by a light touch of rubbing with steel wool to bring out the highlights. I even use a Sinclair flash hole deburring tool to clean up the holes I drilled in the coins. Final step is to spray the coins with acrylic sealer as to avoid reaction between the bronze and human skin/oils. All put together with various pliers and crimping tools I already had on hand for my reloading. Just sharing my reloading bench activities on this blustery day. Cheers! - Liam
SAM_1230.jpg