Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD Players

Default CD Players

I have over a hundred music cds and play them in my 5 disc player. Is there a cd player that can accommodate more than 5 discs?

Ideally, I'd like to have a cd juke box than can play randomly over 100 cds. Is there such an animal?

Anyone know where I can get either?

leftyo Guest

they used to make 100, and 50 disk players, but i have no idea whats available anymore.

You might be able to find a used Sony CDPCX455 400 Disc MegaStorage CD Changer or a Sony CDPCX355 300-Disc MegaStorage CD Changer. Speakers and amp are not included.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=all

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=all

Thank you, gwp, for the source.

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

LOOK for a new machine that accepts the thumb drive.
    you can get well over 100 CD's on a thumb drive.
    I bought a radio for my 71 Buick from Oriignal parts group and the radio is from auto sound. LOOKS like what was in a 71 Buick but it will play direct from a USB thumb drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Cav View Post
    LOOK for a new machine that accepts the thumb drive.
    you can get well over 100 CD's on a thumb drive.
    I bought a radio for my 71 Buick from Oriignal parts group and the radio is from auto sound. LOOKS like what was in a 71 Buick but it will play direct from a USB thumb drive.
    On a very similar note I do the same thing with a Seagate 500GB external hard drive. It measures about 3"x4"x1/2" thick. It contains an estimated 55,000 songs grouped by category (rock, oldies, country, Christmas, hard rock, blues and others), videos, and funny commercials. The drive's memory or storage is only half used up. I paid $100 for this at WM. Now you can buy 1 or 2 trillion GB drives for about the same cost at Best Buy. My old co-workers would bring in their CD's and one of them would add them to their drive and then, of course, return the CD's back to the owner. Over time the collection grew and we all started coping the songs to other drives. I have a 5 CD carousel that is part of my home stereo system (Kenwood) that I quit using because my wife doesn't care for my music or my volume. Now I use the external drive on my computer with my headphones and don't bother anyone. My Ford Crown Vic has a 6 CD player radio (the changer is in the trunk). IF I ever wear this car out and get a new one it will have the USB jack like most newer cars have, the CD player/changer will still be handy but somewhat obsolete.

To answer the original question if you don't order one from Amazon I would look at Best Buy since HHGregg, Sears, Circuit City and Radio Shack are all out of business or heading that way. As a last resort there are always the individual sellers on ebay to buy a used one.
    Last edited by Allen; 09-19-2017 at 01:51.

You could get a tech savvy person to put all of your cd's on an iPod. I resisted the idea but my wife bought me one and my assistant put all of my CDs on it in her spare time over about a 2 week period. There are over 2,000 pieces of music on it, we run it set on shuffle. You might hear some Interesting combinations.

8. Default

I did that too. 96 cd albums on my Ipod so far. I play them using a ipod dock. Also play thru my large amp in my shop
    using a preamp from ipod to AV receiver.

Whats an ipod? Will it work on my 1923 Victor Talking Machine?

Quote Originally Posted by John Sukey View Post
    Whats an ipod? Will it work on my 1923 Victor Talking Machine?
    That's not a CD player---that's a seedy player.

My parents used one of those. We still have it and it works great. Never had a thing done to it except replacing the needles.