Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amatur Radio

I got my Tech license back in 1976. Upgraded to General and then Advanced. Advanced is no longer available but I have not gone for the Extra. Both my Mom and Dad were hams. I have not been active in several years but have kept my license current.
    Good luck. You can do it!!
    karen
    WB6YQC

Quote Originally Posted by Hal O'Peridol View Post
    You are right, those were number groups and machine generated. Best I was able to do on manual sent non formatted traffic was about 25 wpm. That was also keeping up tith back and forth messages on a simplex net and several (IIRC) sites. Most of that traffic was comblock and not nearly as nice or clean sounding. One station was a very nice endition of a turkey sending the code.

Copying morse is strange, some folks have a knack for it, some never get it. Anything around 25 wpm on non formatted morse is a very nice achievement.
    I agree, copying and sending manual morse is something that only a select few can accomplish. A clean operator on a straight key was a pleasure to copy. Stuff that drove us nuts besides QRM and QRN: sloppy operators who ran the characters together and anyone using a sidewinder.